ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft extends XP--for budget laptops only.

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
What if 32-bit CS4 doesn't support XP and you have to move to Vista? I think that would be a good incentive for people to move to Mac who primarily use this kind of software - I can't imagine anyone wanting to run Photoshop on Vista of any description - it must be an absolute dog of an app under Vista unless you really par Vista down to skin and bones.

justice:
BTW photoshop is excellent on vista, it loads so much faster as do other large applications as applications that were once slow get superfetched into memory without noticable performance penalty which means photshop starts from cold in around 7 seconds (CS3) on this pc. (would probably be quicker if i used it more often) Don't run anything older than CS3 on vista though because there's severe issues with that. But photoshop will still come in a 32bit version. Seems that the bigger the app the better vista becomes compared to XP. (Except for games - this might change)

cranioscopical:
I suppose it's inevitable -- and seems to depend so much on the roulette-like chance of having the right hardware/drivers combination -- but this whole
Vista is a dog vs. Vista flies dichotomy is a bit too widespread for comfort.

I'd hate to endure Carol's tribulations

but I'd love to enjoy the kind of experience reported by justice

J-Mac:
New notebook with Vista Ultimate and even though this notebook was built to Vista standards (even with 4 GB mem!!), it is still not exceeding fast in some things, while blazingly fast in others. And it DOES definitely take a lot of space up. More than any OS I've ever used.

That said, I haven't yet had any real difficulties running it yet.  Now Office 2007 is another story altogether....   :o  (I'm STILL looking for some commands in Word and Excel!!)

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version