ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Power Desk 7

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:
- maybe Darwin had a large folder open as 'default' from the last time it was open? PowerDesk will 'load' the files before it shows the GUI / window, while most managers will show the GUI / window, and only then 'load' the files.

Yes, I bought #7, because it was either that, or remove the old version. Now I know I should have removed it all... No, just exaggerating. I like PowerDesk Pro 7, but I am glad I didn't pay the list price, it would have made me feel cheated. One has to think that PowerDesk Pro is a fine but long time abbandoned program, and thus be gratefull someone at least gave it a small update.

My #7 opens a little faster than Explorer, but really just 'a little'.

Edited for wording

dantheman:
It's good to hear that PD7 opens quicker than Windows, so i guess that means there was an improvement from 6.
I'm insisting on that part 'cause i find Explorer to be faster at this level than any other file program.

Curt:
My #7 opens a little faster than Explorer, but really just 'a little'.-Curt (April 04, 2008, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's good to hear that PD7 opens quicker than Windows, -dantheman (April 08, 2008, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess I said it a little wrong, because:

PowerDesk will 'load' the files before it shows the GUI / window, -Curt (April 04, 2008, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

You might say that PowerDesk opens faster when it sort of already is open.....  :-\
- it doesn't cold-start any faster.

Carol Haynes:
For me PD7 opens quicker than Windows Explorer - which given that Explorer is in memory and PD7 has to load from disc is pretty impressive!

It is also slightly faster to open than Directory Opus (which again is in memory because ll I need to do is double click the system tray icon).

Darwin:
Thanks for the comments! I don't have PD 6 installed anymore - reinstalled it to test it out again and was experiencing random BSOD afterward (in fairness I had also installed the latest Direct Folders almost immediately after installing PD 6 so it could have been it that was the problem - I uninstalled both and no problems since).

I am sort of tempted by PD 7 for $19.95...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version