ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Power Desk 7

<< < (2/4) > >>

dantheman:
Yabbut!

They did mention some new enhancements suggested by users were made.
That's why i was wanting to hear some feedback from users here before bothering with it at all if all they basically added (after so many years!) was that Vista compatibility (useless addition IMO as Vista's own Explorer is likely just as good or even even better than PD - can that be?).

-a satisfied XP Home user.

Darwin:
I'm with you, Dan, I'd STILL like to read a review or hear a real user's opinion about this upgrade.

@Curt - did  you actually buy the upgrade to PD7? If so, my questions have been answered!

I'd add to the list of four things you get for the upgrade price updated Stellent viewers (or at least I presume that they will have been updated for this release), which should allow you to preview Office 2007 and the latest StarOfice/OpenOffice.org formats, amongst others. This is irrelevant to me as I already have the latest Stellent viewers, but still...

Carol Haynes:
It doesn't display Word 2007 file formats (you just get an XML tree).

This is at least better than DOpus with displays them as hex dumps!

I upgraded to version 7 (to install on Vista) but I haven't used verion 6 enough to know what you are looking for. I got it pretty much free ages ago but have used DOpus ever since. If you want to know anything specific ask (and give instructions where to look).

Darwin:
Hi Carol - good to know about Word files as this indicates that they're shipping PD 7 without the latest Stellent viewers. I'm on XP Pro and am using Dopus 9 as my default file management solution. I don't really have any specific questions about PD7... I guess I'm just wondering if there have been any other changes made beyond the four new features? I can see that the GUI looks unchanged but what about speed? I re-installed PD 6 recently to take a look at it when the upgrade to 7 was announced and was dismayed at how long it took to open up. Anyway, none of this is urgent! I'm sure there will be a review posted somewhere on the internet soon.

Carol Haynes:
PDesk7 opens instantly on my system (no delay).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version