ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Power Desk 7

(1/4) > >>

dantheman:
Power Desk 7 has been recently released and i was looking for good opinions prior to upgrading.
It boasts Vista compatibility and other enhancements, but what i'm wondering is if it has improved in speed?
Has load up time and file find or preview been improved even for an XPHome user?

Curt:
I don't know about those things
- only wanted to remind you to use discount code NEWVC35 for 35% off.

mwb1100:
They don't seem to provide a trial, do they?  My suggestion would be to not worry about the upgrade unless you're looking for one of the items they list as new for v7:

* Vista compatibility
* Hex editing
* File notes remain attached to files when the file is moved
* improved image toolbar
You can find a 50% discount ($40 discounted to $20) using this link:

http://www.shop.avanquest.com/usa/prod.php?pid=4760&pdis=1&tr1=AQ_US_EM_PD7_SUP_0408

I was hoping that the AFFPD7 or NEWVC35 promo codes would give an additional discount, but they don't seem to work for me when I use the above link.

Edit:  if the above link stops working, the discount code UPGPD7 seems to give a $20 discount, too.

Carol Haynes:
You can get it for $19.99 at http://www.avanquestusa.com/pd7

Curt:
My suggestion would be to not worry about the upgrade unless you're looking for one of the items they list as new for v7: Vista compatibility, Hex editing, File notes remain attached to files when the file is moved, improved image toolbar-mwb1100 (April 03, 2008, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

- very wise words!  :up:

PowerDesk Pro 7 is absolutely nothing but a PowerDesk Pro 6 plus these four new features!  :down:

Can I repeat myself, please?

I cannot and will not recommend Avanquest!-Curt (March 16, 2008, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

At least I did't use the discount code I gave in my initial post (-35%) but one of 'your' 50% links.
Thanks!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version