topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:05 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: All My Google Search Results Now Showing Redirect Page  (Read 3793 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
All My Google Search Results Now Showing Redirect Page
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Grrrr...

This is what I am seeing tonight every darned time I click on a search result in Google:

Screenshot - 4_3_2008 , 12_01_49 AM.jpgAll My Google Search Results Now Showing Redirect Page

Nothing I knowingly did should be causing this. Granted I have seen this - or similar redirect notices - very occasionally in the past, but this is every single search result link I click on.  With the exception of any results that lead to another Google page of course.  And it is not to suspect pages; I have gotten it tonight for the Red Cross, Wikipedia, and even DonationCoder!

Any idea what could be doing this?  Is anyone else seeing this just today?

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: All My Google Search Results Now Showing Redirect Page
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Hmmm...

Only happening in Firefox.  Opera and IE6 / IE7 are not having this problem.

All better - for now.  Blew away all Google-related cookies and it is no longer occurring, though I did read a few blog posts saying it is happening to others using Firefox 2.0.0.12 & 13.  seems to occur whenever you search in Google and are also signed in to another Google service on another tab, like Gmail or G-Cal. Cookie fix has worked for most but I did see a few where it returned later.

Grrrr....

Jim