topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA : Right-Click Menu gives an [ENTER] choice and when LEFT-Clicked [ENTER]s  (Read 10348 times)

hrpufnstuf

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Right-Click Menu gives an [ENTER] choice and when LEFT-Clicked [ENTER]s as if one pressed [ENTER] on the Keyboard.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
 :tellme: Where? And what for?

Skrommel
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:05 PM by skrommel »

hrpufnstuf

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When I highlight & paste URL's, instead of having to reach for the keyboard, I would like to just R-click & ENTER

hrpufnstuf

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another place is like in Notepad. Say I copy, paste, and want to go to the next line for the next copy, paste line, I wouldn't have to use the keyboard, but could stay with the mouse, by R-clicking, and L-clicking [ENTER]. Can this work, or is the R-click menu always program specific?

NinJA999

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So you want to be able to hit the [ENTER] key with the mouse?
And if possible, through the right-click menu, right?

Hmm

I know I would have my hand on the keyboard anyways for copying and pasting (ctrl+c ctrl+v).

But I'm sure something can be whipped up.

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I adapted someone's script so that Left-Button/ScrollUp(ScrollWheel) sends {Enter}.

I'll post it if you're interested and if I can properly attribute the script.

hrpufnstuf

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sometimes I use SHIFT + INSERT , but sometimes I use the R-click COPY/PASTE, and just wanted
a R-click ENTER. If someone can do this, it'd be cool to have. And if someone can, where do I find it
after it's created?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
a slight variation, how about holding down the right-mouse button then pressing the left to send an Enter key? if it's ok with you here's the code.. :)

; This script sends an "Enter" key when pressing the left-mouse button holding down the right button.
; Useful when in 'click' mode.. ;-)
; Source: hxxp://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12914.0

#Persistent
#SingleInstance, force

~RButton & LButton::
  Send, {Return}
Return

#x::ExitApp

P.S. use Win+x to exit..

hrpufnstuf

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I appreciate r-click-enter.exe but it doesn't seem to work for me in win98 in *.doc files, *.txt files OR urls in a browser. Can anyone else can make this simple lil' idea a reality?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hmm.. that's strange but i haven't any Win98 to test. on the other hand, have you tried this on any WinXP machine?

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hrpufnstuf: right click menus varies from program to program. I doubt there's a way to force a custom context menu entry into each program. So Lanux solution is probably the best to be had. And if right+left click does not work in some program, try if right+middle click works (just change "LButton" to "MButton" in Lanux's script).

"When I highlight & paste URL's, instead of having to reach for the keyboard, I would like to just R-click & ENTER"

If you are using Firefox, check out the Drag De Go add-on. With that you can run any non-clickabe URL by dragging and dropping it, without having to press enter. See this post for more on Drag De Go and a similar add-on: https://www.donation....msg106984#msg106984
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:17 PM by Nod5 »

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
 :) Or Maxthon! It's Internet Explorer based, and incredible!

I've also developed a SuperDuperDragAndDrop with customizable actions depending on what app you're in and the direction you drag and drop, but I'm having trouble with DDE and HTML, so it crashes in Internet Explorer. :(

Skrommel