ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

25 interesting things that you learn about computers only in the movies

(1/3) > >>

PaladinMJ:
This List is cute and funny.. pretty accurate too LOL Stumbled this and had to share it :)
 :Thmbsup:

Jimdoria:
Nice. I'd seen this, or a version of it, somewhere before, with attributions. The "UPLOAD VIRUS" scene I know is from a sci-fi prison movie called "The Fortress."

Another thing I've noticed (I guess in an effort to power all the exploding technology) is that Hollywood computers also seem to run on massively high voltage, not the mild 5V/12VDC found in most common computers.

Edvard:
I thought the "upload virus" thing was referring to the virus scene in Independence Day when they not only successfully uploaded a virus, but they uploaded a virus to an alien computer operating system using an alien upload link (presumably wireless, which would be using, once again, an alien frequency...).
I suppose the premise still applies...

Maybe Microsoft transmitted a Windows iso along with those SETI signals?

mwb1100:
Maybe Microsoft transmitted a Windows iso along with those SETI signals?
-Edvard (April 02, 2008, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Serves those aliens right if they were using a pirated copy of Windows!  I guess that by preventing them from being properly patched, "Windows Genuine Advantage" actually did some good for once.

PaladinMJ:
I thought the "upload virus" thing was referring to the virus scene in Independence Day when they not only successfully uploaded a virus, but they uploaded a virus to an alien computer operating system using an alien upload link (presumably wireless, which would be using, once again, an alien frequency...).
I suppose the premise still applies...

Maybe Microsoft transmitted a Windows iso along with those SETI signals?-Edvard (April 02, 2008, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

TOTALLY alien computer system and it disables their whole shebang in one go...

Was soo bogus and just out and out retarded imnho! I am with you there my friend.

{edited because Edvard posted the same thing I was, so I erased and chimed in instead of reposting similarly..}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version