topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Scroll through the results list  (Read 6107 times)

herojoker

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Scroll through the results list
« on: April 01, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Hello,

I'm always confused when seeing "Found xx results" (e.g. xx > 100) but only the first 9 being accessible. Being able to scroll down by the arrow keys would be quite nice. Perhaps I just missed a feature... I didn't find a way to reach the other results.
Of course not all results should be loaded into the list! (I guess having 50k entries (even not visible) would slowdown the app)
Only preloading the next n or 2n entries (with n = number of visible entries) would be enough. Preloading means: Actually formatting the Location, Date etc. (whatever there may be) columns get the entry's icon.
Having the number of results makes it possible to set an appropriate scollbar height.

Additionally using the mouse wheel, when the input line is focused, does nothing. In my opinion wheel events should be redirected to the result list.
So typing c:\windows then turn the wheel on your mouse would scroll the result list.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Scroll through the results list
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:23 PM »
There's no way to visually do this, but if you add '+sall' (for Show ALL), farr will display all the found results.

herojoker

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Erm, what do you mean by "no way to visually do this"?
That concept is already implemented. When browsing through the file system it works perfectly.
Your answer sounds as if this were not possible as a matter of principle.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:40 PM by herojoker »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Sorry, i didn't express myself correctly. I meant that currently there's no button / context menu item /etc option for that, the only way to do it is to add +sall to you query.

I believe someone also suggested that when you press down and you're on the last item of the list, farr should scroll down into the rest of the list, thus, you sure aren't alone with that idea!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:59 PM »
herojoker: here is a script with an idea i "borrowed" from Nod5. ;) this script adds +sall keyword to Farr's edit-box upon middle-clicking the mouse. maybe this could help you.