ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sony BMG Sued For Using Pirated Software

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/3/sony_bmg_sued_for_using_pirated_software

You read that headline right -- Sony BMG, ardent foe of music piracy, is in trouble for using pirated software.
--- End quote ---

Hahahahahaha~!

I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one laughing my butt off! :)

Deozaan:
April Fool's?

EDIT: Guess not. The original (French) article was published on March 21st.

Josh:
Why is this something to laugh at? I guarantee every major corporation in existence can find at least one pirated app on one of its machines. There are very few which dont rely on it. Most just never get caught.

Deozaan:
Why is this something to laugh at? I guarantee every major corporation in existence can find at least one pirated app on one of its machines. There are very few which dont rely on it. Most just never get caught.
-Josh (April 01, 2008, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's funny because it makes the consumer feel vindicated for all the Sony rootkit garbage that has gone on because of their anti-piracy measures. Most of those other major corporations you speak of probably aren't as invasive or restrictive to the consumer in how they try to deal with piracy, and that's only if piracy applies to their products.

Honda, for instance, don't have much you can easily pirate. It's fairly easy to track down someone who steals a car (or at least find the car) than it is to find people who steal software.

Lashiec:
The worst thing is that they didn't pirate something like Photoshop or Windows, but an administration tool developed by a small software company. Pitiful.

Ssssh! Don't tell anyone that I did rip copy-protected CDs edited by Sony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version