topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: Program Closer  (Read 54655 times)

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE - IDEA: Program Closer
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 07:00 PM »
 :tellme: It's the doings of the Clip.exe tool. It is used to pipe command line output to the clipboard, and I save the old clipboard and reload it before every command.

I might just as well just pipe to a file and load it from there... Or learn WINAPI properly and replace the extra tools...

Skrommel

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE - IDEA: Program Closer
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 03:36 AM »
Thanks - it made me chortle anyway ... and made my cats look a bit surprised at the barrage

CG

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: Program Closer
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 08:34 AM »
It looks like I'm bumping a year-old thread here, but I had to mention that AVG and Ewido both flag CloseMany as a nasty. AVG Anti-Virus lists it as a trojan and Ewido Anti-Spyware lists it as a keylogger. :huh:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 09:07 AM »
it seems to me that quite a few autohotkey scripts are being falsely tagged as malware by the antivirus tools, which is really annoying.

however in the case of skrommels software (like CloseMany), you really don't have to take anyone's word for it - all this scripts are available in source code form, just visit his 1 hour software page and download the autohotkey script and compile it yourself.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 07:50 PM »
 :) Just corrected a year old bug from CloseMany which caused it not to work! Try v2.4. Man, don't anyone use my programs?

Skrommel

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Just a head's up: New member Mikinder came into IRC today and said that AVG (8.0.100) is reporting that this program contains a worm called AutoIT.

I told him that AutoIT is a scripting language, and to my recollection it's what mouser used to batch convert all of Skrommel's AHK scripts to exes using the latest version of AHK. But I thought I should mention it here just in case I was wrong and so it wouldn't surprise anyone if we got more reports of a similar nature.

Oh yeah, and I'd also like confirmation because I'm not absolutely sure I'm right about this. So if someone could verify the file is clean and this is just another false positive, that would be great!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:06 PM by Deozaan »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Just a head's up: New member Mikinder came into IRC today and said that AVG (8.0.100) is reporting that this program contains a worm called AutoIT.

yes, this is a "false positive" (a fancy substitute for "false alarm" which takes the onus of proving away from AV makers) and this has been discussed before and i would like to add the info i've found on AVG Free/AHK forum regarding how to report a false positive.

Re: False positive for Autohotkey v1.0.46.08
Posted by: rdsok - Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2007 04:51AM

So then you need to submit it to Grisoft then...

If you suspect a file to be a false positive. Test the file at [virusscan.jotti.org] and if it is a false positive, archive (zip, arc, tar etc) the file using a password and email a copy to [email protected] with a brief description as well as the password you used to archive it with.

If it is a false positive , turn off hueristic scanning for the time being. When Grisoft adjusts the virus defintions you can turn it back on.

The help on the forum is only from other AVG Free users so we can't do anything to address it but Grisoft can.
-thread
Source(s):
http://forum.grisoft...rum/read.php?4,93902
http://www.autohotke...iewtopic.php?t=17163

Note: previously posted here: DimSaver being flagged by AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.

mikinder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Hi.
Just read (and misplaced the URL) about some others having problems with autoIt - apparently, the false positives (or whatever they are) depend on which version of the script compiler thingy you use. According to what I read, if the newest version is used there isn't supposed to be a problem.
Thot that might help.
m.

sylsodi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Hi.
Command line options would be great to automate jobs.