ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Got to Love Flickr

(1/1)

Renegade:
This isn't for everyone:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/katmarsh25/387368999/

But it's a good example of the fantastic work available on Flickr. A lot of people have put in some serious work to make pictures available. Flickr may someday supplant istockphoto and others like it.

mouser:
This is adult-themed, moderately NSFW (near nudity).
Nothing wrong with it, but please remember to say so when posting links for those who care.

Lashiec:
Interesting photos, there is quite some talent in Flickr, and the fact that the photos are CC-licensed (and don't have those giant watermarks like some other photography site) is a huge advantage. The only drawback is that, being so humongous, it's quite difficult to find the best works.

Renegade:
It's the kind of thing you'd see in a magazine ad for cosmetics or something, so I didn't figure it was too harsh (hence the "not for everyone"). I'll turn up the sensitivity meters in the future though.

The CC license is really becoming quite popular. I can see how it can work to help attract attention to the creators kind of how the FOSS/consulting business model works, or the recorded music / concert model works.

But quite right about Flickr being difficult to use --- it's just SOOOO big. With the stock photo sites, you pretty much get A-grade stuff right off the bat without any digging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version