ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How often do you reinstall Windows?

<< < (2/3) > >>

superboyac:
well, I might be backtracking now.  I fixed my problems, so maybe I won't reinstall after all.  Still, I can't help feeling like a fresh reinstall would be nice.  Too much work, though.

MrCrispy:
My solution is also to take image backups. The trick is to always keep all data on a separate drive (or at least partition), and point all OS and programs to that location. The install all essential programs, and use portable versions of programs whenever possible, and image that as a baseline image. Then when you restore an image, you are still working with current data but with a fresh OS, registry and system partition.

bbudd:
         With Xp had 2 years no reinstall,then last year 2 bad virus attacks made me format twice.But with a ghost image on another drive its easy to reinstall.The difference between 1/2 hour and a full day doing all the program installs one by one,-and I keep all my installs in 1 folder for fast reference.
         One other thing to watch out for if your useing XP service pac3 and you try to uninstall it ALL the programs you installed after putting it in "May Not Work"after.

Renegade:
I never reinstall. I've got boxes that have been running for years (2, 4, 4, 3, 7) that have never had more than 1 install.

Armando:
I never REinstall either -- or very rarely... I think the only times I REinstalled windows were during NT 4.0/98 times. I might have reinstalled windows 2000 a couple times too... But that's a long time ago. I guess I'm careful and have good backup habits...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version