topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Searching a tool to calculate checksums without taking metadata into account  (Read 3769 times)

crono

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I need a little (commandline) tool or library to get the MD5 (or any other) Hash form MP3, FLAC, OGG and Monkey Audio Files. It should provide the checksum for the Audiotrack only, not the whole file. I have the problem of having a lot of playlists and (unsorted) files. When I move and  rename the files, the playlist couldn't find it anymore. To solve this, I wrote a script, which scans my music folder and look for a special ID3 Tag which identifies the track. Then it regenerates the playlist. This basically works, but it involves to many manual steps to get the GUIDs (Global Unique IDs) into the tags, so I would like to replace the GUID with the AudioTrack-Hash. I can not use the whole file for hashing, because I have ID Tags which get updated everytime I listen to it (playcount, last_played). Anyone know such a tool?

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't know for FLAC, OGG and MA files, but for MP3, this could be done in java using this, for example.

crono

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks jgpaiva  :)
Since most of my files are Flac encoded I think I have to search on. Flac provides a switch to write the checksum right after encoding the wav to a flac into an ID3 Tag. Maybe I schould have a look at some opensource media players - they have to get raw audio at some poiint :)