ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Boot Linux From USB Flash Drive

(1/3) > >>

jkitc:
I have been trying to set up my USB Flash drive to boot to a Linux distro, but so far I have not been successful. I have followed all of the instruction successfully, but when booting to my USB drive it just says: "NTLDR is missing" then it says do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get back into Windows.
I use F12 to get into the Boot Menu and the select: USB Flash Drive
Go here for the instructions: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2008/02/13/pendrivelinux-2008-install-from-windows/

I am running WindowsXPSP2
Dell Dimension4600

Can someone help?

tinjaw:
Without knowing what you are doing, my guess is that you are either skipping step 4 or are getting an error doing so.

From your USB device, click makeboot.bat to make the drive bootable-Pendrivelinux 2008
--- End quote ---

jkitc:
Without knowing what you are doing, my guess is that you are either skipping step 4 or are getting an error doing so.

From your USB device, click makeboot.bat to make the drive bootable-Pendrivelinux 2008
--- End quote ---
-tinjaw (March 26, 2008, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have not skipped any steps. I have run "makeboot.bat". If the solution was only that easy.

Armando:
Have you tried other USB Flash drive distributions -- just to see if they'd work?

jkitc:
Have you tried other USB Flash drive distributions -- just to see if they'd work?
-Armando (March 26, 2008, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version