ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Information about Paragon Drive Backup

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
in light of my mistake i went back and had another look at paragon, and decided to move it up on par with Acronis and DriveImage in the review.  i think it still needs some polish, but i'm liking Paragon more and more; with some continued improvement Paragon could be the one to beat in the future.

nudone:
i'm sat here watching a very slow progress bar gradually make its way across the screen as 'Paragon Drive Backup' attempts to restore my main system partition.

this is the first time i've used the program in DOS (can't get into windows at the moment) and i have to say it will be the last time i use it.

it looks like it's going to take well over an hour to restore the 6 gig of system data - it doesn't take anywhere near that long when starting the program from within windows. from what i've seen 'Acronis True Image' doesn't take anywhere near this length of time when running from the boot CD either.

another complaint is that i've had to do this from floppy - there's no option to make a boot CD with Paragon. and to top it all off, the interface you are presented with when using the DOS version of the program is so ugly and 'DOS' like that i'm not even sure i've selected the correct options - i'm probably destroying the wrong partition because of this. brilliant.

whilst making the boot floppy it looked like you could make a script for some kind of auto backup/restore process. don't worry dear little Paragon, i won't be troubling myself any further with your horrible program.

(how did i get into this mess in the first place - i let 0&0 defrag my system partition on booting up. this seemed to totally wreck my ms office and adobe programs i tried to run - no problem i thought, i'll just put everything back using my backup image. yeah right. i coudn't even access my secondary hard drive. oh joy to the world.)

mouser:
 >:(

damn i'm sorry.. sounds painful - these backup disasters can be so upsetting.

nudone:
ha ha ha, it didn't even work.

windows now complains that i haven't got a registry and blue screens half way through boot up.

whilst waiting for all this to FAIL i see that Paragon have released Drive Backup 7. i suspect that will have an improved interface and CD support.

JeffK:
nudone, you have made me very nervous.  Coincidentally I have just upgraded to ver. 7.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version