ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flash Game of the Week: Sonny (RPG)

<< < (2/2)

p3lb0x:
Sonny only IS fight scenes, but I enjoyed it

Renegade:
It was fun. Would be nicer if you could speed up the play a bit more as I am not the most patient person in the world when it comes to software or machines, but still fun.

wyrwolf:
"only fight scenes" makes it a Shooter (probably)

RPG stands for Role-Playing Game
If there is no Role to play it is not an RPG
Adventure games are not RPGs either
Action games aren't either
Neither are Strategy or Tactical games
4X - nope

Not to disparage them - I have enjoyed all of these, and many RPGs incorporate elements
I just get tired of the lame use of the appellation for games with only marginal attributes of role-playing
It's like claiming Chess or CCGs (Collectible Card Games) can be Role-Played with any depth

Lashiec:
It's been a while since games fit in only one genre, normally they include elements from various ones.

ssoundman:
Sonny is definitely NOT a shooting game.

The challenge is in picking the right equipment and skills to kill that nasty boss (Baron Somebody-or-other) on the third level- 30,000 life points!? Sheesh, I'm still trying to figure out how to get past him. I was able to get him down to about 6,000 before he killed Sonny, but I haven't yet figured out how to get past him.

The guy we joined up with for that battle was able to deal out about 3,000 hit points per turn after I cast the Aggressive spell on him (and here I thought I was doing pretty well hitting for about 400 points per turn), but my other sidekick got killed pretty quickly, and once the boss turned his attention to that new guy, well... let's just say that we didn't last long after that!

Awesome game, very addictive!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version