ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

So how long IS too long for a thread.

<< < (4/6) > >>

zridling:
Non sequitor: When's superboyac gonna get his radio show back?

He was the best!  :-*  (Isn't it time to put together a 24-hour Sirius/XM channel for guys like him, and these dudes?)

nosh:
in all seriousness, do you think if we added the "ignore thread" option to the forum, so people could mark threads as those that shouldnt show up in "unread topics" list, it might help this situation?
-mouser (March 25, 2008, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

It would definitely help but I guess there'll always be a niggling doubt that one may miss something significant by completely ignoring a thread.

There's also the "off-topic" factor which could contribute greatly to the size of longer threads, a lot of us are guilty of this and I have a small suggestion about this. What if you let a person posting OT, mark the post as such. OT posts could have their headers displayed inline but the post would be collapsed, so someone reading the thread would not be forced to read the OT posts & could just skim by them unless they clicked those posts to expand them, something like how gmail displays email threads.

Renegade:
THIS thread is going on too long...

;)

superboyac:
Non sequitor: When's superboyac gonna get his radio show back?

He was the best!  :-*  (Isn't it time to put together a 24-hour Sirius/XM channel for guys like him, and these dudes?)
-zridling (March 26, 2008, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're crazy Zaine!  Even I got bored listening to myself.  It was tough trying to get a good rant out on command.  I should carry a mic with me to catch my spontaneous rants during the workday...now those are gems.

tinjaw:
I should carry a mic with me to catch my spontaneous rants during the workday...now those are gems.
-superboyac (March 26, 2008, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Call your voice mail and leave a message. Then you can grab it later and turn it into an mp3 and post it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version