Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 18, 2014, 01:17:20 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Flash Game: Spin the Balack Circle.  (Read 3153 times)
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »

This is a very neat but difficult Flash game. I can't be held responsible for any tearing out of hair or smashed PCs cheesy

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:43:20 AM by EĆ³in » Logged

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
mediaguycouk
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09:15 AM »

is it just me or have you missed the link?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/422308

Learning C# - Graham Robinson
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:22:02 AM »

Beautifully done, and the physics are spot on.
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »

is it just me or have you missed the link?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/422308

Yep I did indeed forget to add it to the url associated with the screenshot. Fixed now thanks smiley

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »

Made it to "from here on you're on your own", then decided to stop before my blood pressure killed me Wink

- carpe noctem
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 12:15:08 PM »

I don't get it. From the original post and f0dder's comment and the warning at the beginning of the game, I was led to believe that this was a difficult game.

I'm on this level and haven't had any frustrations yet:

EDIT:

Okay maybe I spoke too soon. The one pictured above did take some time to figure out, but I got it after a couple minutes of trying. This one is hard because the physics are not spot on. You actually have to stop rotating the background to get gravity to have an effect on the ball. It will keep going whatever direction it is going until you stop rotating and it realizes that there is a new "down" it needs to worry about.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:57:21 PM by Deozaan » Logged

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »

Wouldn't say it's difficult in the "have-to-think" way, but my timing sucks... so it gets frustrating. And for some reason, I tend to confuse up & down, so I mess up the whole gravity thing.

- carpe noctem
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »

The first few levels are very easy, but they start to get tricky. It was fun though.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.03 ]