ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PowerCmd on Bits du Jour

<< < (7/7)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

My apologies for getting quite so heated. I simply consider this rogueware thing a scourge, and almost nobody really cares.  One of the problems is that it is designed to trap the beginner, the neophyte, the newbie.  And that is not us, the ones who could do something about it.  So we let it go by since we are so knowledgeable.

We could do simple things like presuring Trialpay to vette out a dozen vendors.  As if it is really difficult to do that.  The rogues generally have no forums, no phone contact, no history, no this and no that.  It is amazing to me that instead they do ... absolutely nothing.  Until a bunch of people have been hurt and they have no choice but to dump the clump.

We don't click on and download those Google links and other enticements because we have researched for hours and know that their claims to protect us are lies.  So we confer with each other, check Snapfiles and DonationCoder etc and are very careful.

Meanwhile thousands of folks are losing money, time, data etc. to what are essentially fraud companies. Anybody who knows about this but doesn't understand what a problem this is, the enticing ads that end up vicitimizing our friends and family, has their eyes close.  And anybody who claims to partner with merchants had better be aware with whom they are lying.  And they should decide whether they are simply a payment plan or a merchant partner, not playing both sides of the street.

Nuff said. I hope this passes muster. Done. Finito.

Shalom,
Steven

mwb1100:
Sorry for contributing to the drifted thread, but...

One thing to realize here is that TrialPay is not the store or the vendor - you don't go to trialpay.com and browse the products they offer then decide to 'buy' something there.  As far as I know Trialpay does not even provide a mechanism to do that.  Trialpay doesn't offer to sell you software - the software vendor offers to let you use trialpay instead of some other payment mechanism.  Generally in order to get Trialpay involved in a transaction, the customer has already decided to acquire the software (or has been enticed by the software vendor advertising the trialpay option as a way to get the software for 'free').  Trialpay is involved only as an alternative to using Visa, MasterCard, Paypal or whatever.

So I'm not sure why TrialPay would have significantly more burden to vet the products than Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, Plimus, regNow or any other payment middleman.

There might be more of a case if the stuff that you actually do pay for on Trialpay were 'rogue' or malicious (the offered flowers, gourmet coffee club membership, credit card or whatever offer you buy/agree to), but I haven't particularly noticed anything like that.

Steven Avery:
Hi mwb100,

What you say is true for the legit softwares, Backup4All, Roboform, Promptpal, NoteZilla, AuctionSentry, and many others.

(That is what makes this all so strange, there are plenty of fine, excellent products who are willing to work with Trialpay, they do not need the dark side.)

TrialPay is not the store or the vendor  ... the software vendor offers to let you use trialpay instead of some other payment mechanism. //the customer has already decided to acquire the software (or has been enticed by the software vendor advertising the trialpay option as a way to get the software for 'free').-mwb1100
--- End quote ---

Enticed when fears were played upon in the case of rogue softwares.

"Clean up your PC ..."
  "Get rid of malware".
  "Danger". 
  "Free scan of your PC now !"

This is usually through Google.  Then there is the effort to get money out of you, and the last step will be various other "gotchas" from spyware, rootkit, hijacking, uninstall difficulties, continued billings, false information.  Any of these and much more are possible with unexamined software, and Trialpay examines nothing.  So now they can combine one ugly hook, the Google enticement and various lies about your system and their product, with the Trialpay 'free pay' hook.  So they will be able to catch many more marks.  The bad guys can gain an apparent partnership respectability, maintain invisibility and add the enticement of "free" while raking in $ and putting their hooks into your system.  Hope that splains.

So I'm not sure why TrialPay would have significantly more burden to vet the products than Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, Plimus, regNow or any other payment middleman.-mwb1100
--- End quote ---

Since they set up the FREE mechanism, using so-called (unexamined merchant) PARTNERS, giving respectability to MR. ROGUE (usually overseas away from the law and very invisible) who now partners with Trialpay and Discover Card or whomever, thereby increasing the enticement to sweetly get rogue stuff on your mom's or friend's computer.

Look, I would prefer not to bear such news, that vigilance is necessary, responsible, mandatory when you partner with folks.  Better now than after various catastrophes.  Trialpay now keeps all info about the baddies that used their system completely hidden, and nobody can find out anything negative about the "partners" (without yeoman efforts) till ... too late.

And Trialpay says essentially -

"until we get many complaints, and have no choice, ANYBODY can hook up with us.  Invisible, no history, based in Irzturkganistamongastan, never reviewed, no checking, a transparent ruse, we do not care, as long as we get our cut for awhile".

Shalom,
Steven

Carol Haynes:
Topic locked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version