ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PowerCmd on Bits du Jour

<< < (3/7) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Also nice is that you get the simple print key capabilities.  It is hard to imagine going
back to the Windows kludge once you have this, even if you don't use advanced
capabilities.

They also sell this on Trialpay, but I suggest trying for the next Bits Du Jour.
I have mixed feelings about Trialpay, and would suggest using it for costlier
software, if you use it at all.

PowerCmd also runs a little email forum on GoogleGroups for support, always a nice
feature (a web forum or an email forum).

Excellent software.

Shalom,
Steven

Darwin:
TrialPay is a bit... deceptive because it's sort of a glorified Giveawayoftheday licence - my experience is that you get a Trialpay username and licence, so it never feels like your own licence. Also, I'm not clear on how upgrades work.

urlwolf:
My big question is can it use alternate shells, or is it stuck with cmd.exe?

Apparently it doesn't and it doesn't play well with cygwin or vi  :(

It's a no go for me.
-cthorpe (March 25, 2008, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
cthorpe, try http://en.poderosa.org/ if you must use cygwin.
Nice split windows.

trialpay:
TrialPay is a bit... deceptive because it's sort of a glorified Giveawayoftheday licence - my experience is that you get a Trialpay username and licence, so it never feels like your own licence. Also, I'm not clear on how upgrades work.
-Darwin (April 28, 2008, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Darwin, I just wanted to respond to your post.  I'm the founder and CEO of TrialPay.

We work with over 4,000 merchants, including many of the top software companies, and also services like Skype, Zagat, Wall Street Journal, etc.

Virtually every single one of our merchants (or in this context, software developers/companies) treats us as a de facto payment method; when you "pay" with TrialPay (e.g., by buying flowers from FTD for Mother's Day), it's as if you paid directly with a credit card.  While I don't see every single account, as far as I know, none of the license keys are in our name -- that's not how the whole system is set up.  Most software vendors have an account with us set up in the same manner as they have an account set up with their payment processor.  For example, if you buy McAfee VirusScan with TrialPay, it's identical in all respects -- upgrades work the same way, it's fully functional, etc.  The only difference is that you paid through us instead of through PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, etc etc.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help sort this out -- if there is one particular merchant NOT giving real keys, that is not acceptable to us and we'll get to the bottom of it.

We really do try to provide a good deal to both the consumer and the software author; a perfect example really is mother's day, where people who would never consider paying for software will definitely buy flowers for their mother.

Thanks,

Alex

mouser:
Thanks for the post Alex and welcome to the site -- it's excellent to hear about the approach to full licenses.

While I have no experience with TrialPay, my biggest concern with other kinds of special deals is exactly what Darwin was saying, a concern that one does not get a full fledged license which is upgradeable, etc.  From what you are saying TrialPay is committed to making sure users get full licenses just as if they had purchased the product, so that's great to hear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version