ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a way to get Screenshot Captor (2.37.0.3) to ALWAYS open in FULL mode?

(1/3) > >>

jakobkraft:

I thought that if I just unchecked 'Start Minimized' in General Preferences then it would always open in full mode. But if I close the program while minimized, then the next time I launch it, it opens minimized - though I did leave that option UNCHECKED for a reason...

Any way to force Screenshot Captor to ALWAYS open in full, main window mode? Thanks in advance:)

lanux128:
how do you launch Screenshot Captor? if by a shortcut, then go to its properties and change to "Run Maximized" (see pic).

jakobkraft:
Thanks for the suggestion...didn't work though.
Winamp actually behaves similarly - if you have it minimized, and then right-click on the taskbar tab and select Close, then when you open it next time, it opens minimized. But they have a fix - just make the .ini file 'Read Only' and that's that.

I tried that with Screenshot Captor's .ini, which DID work, but also gave me an error every time as it loaded: Cannot Save, or something like that.

Oh well...I'll learn to live with it, it's a good app overall...

lanux128:
it shows an underlying problem. whenever apps exit they save last window position in the ini file and making them read-only means this position is not saved along with other data that a programmer may have included. that's why SC gives you an error. by any chance, do you have multiple monitors or use a virtual desktop app? also need to know what OS are you running on?

jakobkraft:
No virtual desktop or multiple monitors, nothing fancy at all...am running WinXP Pro.
If you can think of something else, I'll be happy to try it; otherwise it's cool. I still prefer this over SnagIt and will stick with it for some time:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version