ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Stellent viewers.. what exactly are they?

(1/4) > >>

PaladinMJ:
I know obviously they let you view things but whats so unique about them? I have heard them talked about indirectly a lot lately and feel like I don't get the whole conversation. like i know dopus uses them and x2? can you add more are they that revolutionary? wikipedia has nothing on them and a Google turns up more of the bandying that got me to try to research them.

Lashiec:
Darwin usually raves about them, so I'm sure he can tell you more about the viewers. My guess is that it's something akin to the old QuickView in the older versions of Windows. Actually...

Multiview is an Opus plugin, but it doesn't do anything without the Stellent viewers, which are available in a number of ways (as part of QuickViewPlus, as part of PowerDesk, as part of Yahoo Desktop Search, and as part of the X1 stuff.) How you obtain them is up to you. I've heard that you can make a copy of the Filters folder and then uninstall the actual X1 software, but whether it works or not I couldn't say.
-the DOpus forum
--- End quote ---

... so they must QuickView successors. I like to know where do they come from though...

Carol Haynes:

<irrelevant pedantry>
Yahoo Desktop Search is X1
</irrelevant pedantry>

PaladinMJ:
wow.. I thought for SURE I'd get more info than i could digest in response to this query. Oh well, can't get them all. If I find any info I'll post it to this thread so as to be of possible help to someone else in the future

tinjaw:
Darwin usually raves about them, so I'm sure he can tell you more about the viewers.
-Lashiec (March 24, 2008, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

PM Darwin. I am sure he wouldn't mind. In fact he probably just overlooked this thread and would be happy to reply via the thread if you ping him about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version