ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Share Large Files Immediately With Eatlime

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dormouse:
Another issue I have:  I can't seem to access their Privacy Policy. -J-Mac (March 23, 2008, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know that I would worry too much about privacy if I were using this sort of service. I'd always make sure that anything I uploaded was very well encrypted and that should be that.

cmpm:
Thanks for info Dormouse.

File dropper works well too.
Got it bookmarked.

I never transfer sensitive data that openly anyway.
So privacy is not a problem.

Though how long the file sets there is a concern when there is limits set.

J-Mac:
Another issue I have:  I can't seem to access their Privacy Policy. -J-Mac (March 23, 2008, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know that I would worry too much about privacy if I were using this sort of service. I'd always make sure that anything I uploaded was very well encrypted and that should be that.
-Dormouse (March 24, 2008, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

So it is OK for them - or any online service - not to have a privacy policy because we should all be careful? I disagree; it is still a matter of trust to some extent! My opinion anyway. :)

Jim

J-Mac:
…Our goal is simple, to offer the most basic file hosting service so you can share your stuff quickly.

<<snip>>

Why is FileDropper doing this?
To make the process a lot simpler, and because we know how annoying it is to not be able to share files.[/color]
-Dormouse (March 24, 2008, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

None of these services are doing this just because they like us.  I do wish that companies providing free applications or services would come clean and tell us how they're making their money from their respective applications/services.

Statements like the above by Filedropper always make me feel a little itchy for some reason!!   :o ;)

Jim

Dormouse:
--- End quote ---
-Dormouse (March 24, 2008, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

So it is OK for them - or any online service - not to have a privacy policy because we should all be careful? I disagree; it is still a matter of trust to some extent! My opinion anyway. :)-J-Mac (March 24, 2008, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't really disagree. It's just that I don't trust anyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version