ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Bug - dock: opening and closing autohiden bar with mouse

(1/2) > >>

slipfall:
Hi Mouser,

I started using the program recently.  I believe there is a bug with the way the autohide bar opens and closes using the mouse.

With the autohidden bar on the left side of screen, when I move mouse to left side, the cursor changes to a "resize" cursor and bar doesn't appear.

If I click on the lefthand side of the screen, the bar appears, I think.

If I don't click on anything on the exposed bar, then move my mouse off, the bar doesn't go away until I click once or twice off the bar.

Also, on starting up the bar (via startup folder), my desktop icons move over to the right, then go back to the left, supposedly after the program realizes that the bar is on autohide.  There should be a way of checking for autohide before moving the icons, although this is just an aesthetic issue.

Thanks for coding this one.

Steve

slipfall:
ps. This bar does what I need in a program launcher - dockable, autohide, drag 'n drop add, and virtual submenus.  When I learn how to code, I'd like to write a program like this one.  Seems you've beat me to it :).

Thanks.

Steve

mouser:
thanks for the nice words steve --
indeed the autohiding behavior on LaunchBar Commander just plain sucks.  I hope to improve it.
i personally don't use the autohide feature and wouldn't recommend it since it seems unreliable and slow to unhide.

gross:
I would appreciate much the improvement of the autohide feature.

mouser:
i'm afraid to say it has been improved a lot since i wrote that post  :P

it actually works pretty perfectly for me now, autohiding and autosliding.

if anyone has any trouble with it in latest versions please let me know what improper behavior you are seeing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version