ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Monster Cables- The World should know!

<< < (13/15) > >>

MrCrispy:
I buy audio gear so it sounds good. I buy wine so it tastes good. If there is no difference in how it sounds, not just for me but for highly respected experts, as well as every impartial test ever conducted, then there is no reason to spend more money.

Well there are many reasons, but they are to do with aesthetics, how they make you feel, bragging rights etc. Not performance. And IMO, anyone who buys cables, power conditioners etc based on these criteria is a damn fool :)

If I was stinking filthy rich, maybe I'd buy a B&O cd player and designer speakers because they look cool, but I'd still never buy audiophile interconnects or any of the other crap they peddle in Sterephile mag etc.

f0dder:
If I was stinking filthy rich, maybe I'd buy a B&O cd player and designer speakers because they look cool, but I'd still never buy audiophile interconnects or any of the other crap they peddle in Sterephile mag etc.
-MrCrispy (October 08, 2008, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
B&O look cool? :huh:

I'm Danish, so theoretically I should take pride in B&O, but I think it looks crappy. I always have, and probably always will, unless they change style radically. And like most designer stuff, it's overpriced and doesn't sound very nice. No, give me NAD simplistic to-the-point design and B&W speakers - cost effective, looks good, sounds good.

MrCrispy:
But I was talking about looks over functionality :D Overpriced designer stuff is exactly what I meant.

f0dder:
But I was talking about looks over functionality :D Overpriced designer stuff is exactly what I meant.
-MrCrispy (October 08, 2008, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I know :)

Personally, I like simple, functional looks :]

vegas:
Just an update with a recent article... http://www.electronichouse.com/article/best_places_to_find_cables_on_the_cheap/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version