ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Monster Cables- The World should know!

<< < (11/15) > >>

Shades:
Well, with these kind of "cables" I can make really long cables(100 meter or so), because we all know that sound travels a lot further through fluids......duh!   

If it looks like a garden-hose and tastes like a garden-hose...it is a garden-hose! ;D

Cuffy:
Thanks for the link, vegas.
"Fine, you want (monster) quality cables without paying the 800% markup.  www.MONOPRICE.com"
I just ordered from there. The old Radius monitor I mentioned in a previous post was sans a data cable and the ones at MONOPRICE solved my problem at an unbelievably low price. That's a good link to rat-hole for us old junk collectors

vegas:
Thanks for the link, vegas.
"Fine, you want (monster) quality cables without paying the 800% markup.  www.MONOPRICE.com"
I just ordered from there. The old Radius monitor I mentioned in a previous post was sans a data cable and the ones at MONOPRICE solved my problem at an unbelievably low price. That's a good link to rat-hole for us old junk collectors
-Cuffy (April 29, 2008, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Also, building their own high quality, reliable cable at a reasonable price is Total Signal (http://www.totalsignal.com/).  I've used them in the past when Monoprice is out of stock or doesn't carry the exact length that I am looking for.  They are a tiny bit more expensive sometimes, but nothing compared to the raping from Monster or other snake oil cable sales companies.  I also like the exterior texture of their cables a bit more than Monoprice (in most cases).  If you need industrial strength custom cables I would recommend Blue Jeans Cable.  I have used them in the past, but the quality is a little over the top (unless it is a special application), yet only about 50-60% the cost of Monster Cables.

Lashiec:
Another resurrection, but it's worth it for some good laughs. Denon released these $500 cables to output audio from their DVDs, as you may expect it's a digital to digital connection, so they're basically useless. Still, some customers did find heaven using them. For example:

If I could use a rusty boxcutter to carve a new orifice in my body that's compatible with this link cable, I would already be doing it. I can just imagine the pure musical goodness that would flow through this cable into the wound and fill me completely -- like white, holy light. Holding this cable in my hands actually makes me feel that much closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. I only make $6.25/hr at Jack In The Box, but I saved up for three months so I could have this cable. It sits in a shrine I constructed next to my futon in Mother's basement.

I only gave it four stars in my review because I can't find music that is worthy enough to flow through this utterly perfect interconnect.

--- End quote ---

And similar satisfied customers ;D

tomos:
Another resurrection, but it's worth it for some good laughs. Denon released these $500 cables to output audio from their DVDs, as you may expect it's a digital to digital connection, so they're basically useless. Still, some customers did
-Lashiec (June 15, 2008, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

most entertaining read in quite a while ;D thanks Lashiec

Potential warning to other users:

I made the mistake of taunting the AKDL1.
As a result, these cables have cleaned out my checking account, fired me from my job, tainted my daughter and emailed scandalous photos of my wife to family and friends.

I am a battered shell of a man.

Though, I must admit, I do appreciate the crisp highs and thundering lows.

5.0 out of 5 stars
I found the perfect use for this cable...., June 15, 2008 ...

I used 6 of them to connect up my time machine to my Starship.

But now my cell phone won't work. Must be interference from the planet being out of phase with my blue tooth headset.

On the bright side...it negated the affects of the Aurora Borealis over my house.

Good grief...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version