ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Direct Folders 3.3 Released : Now FREE for HOME use

(1/6) > >>

tinjaw:
Those of us who have purchased Direct Folders are happy to see a well needed update to 3.3. Hopefully it will bring it some greater stability.

The product has been altered slightly with a lighter version offered free for home use. Users, like myself, that have purchased an earlier version of Direct Folders 3.x can email them for a key to the pro version.

Direct Folders 3.3 Released : Now FREE for HOME use

cranioscopical:
Thanks for the notification, I wasn't aware of this until you pointed it out!

sri:
Does this have any specific advantage over FileBox eXtender?

gogogadgetscott:
Demo shows that Direct Folders replaces the Explorer context menu. Not much of an advantage...

tinjaw:
Demo shows that Direct Folders replaces the Explorer context menu. Not much of an advantage...
-gogogadgetscott (March 20, 2008, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you may have misinterpreted the demo (which I am sure the developer would like to know). It doesn't replace the context menu. Your context menu is unaltered by Direct Folders. What it provides, at its core, is a way to get to your most used directories quickly. There are plenty of other benefits as well. I would suggest, especially since it is free for home use, that you try it yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version