Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 29, 2014, 07:50:26 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Direct Folders 3.3 Released : Now FREE for HOME use  (Read 11832 times)
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 20, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »

Those of us who have purchased Direct Folders are happy to see a well needed update to 3.3. Hopefully it will bring it some greater stability.

The product has been altered slightly with a lighter version offered free for home use. Users, like myself, that have purchased an earlier version of Direct Folders 3.x can email them for a key to the pro version.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:43:35 PM »

Thanks for the notification, I wasn't aware of this until you pointed it out!

Chris
sri
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 11:00:15 PM »

Does this have any specific advantage over FileBox eXtender?

gogogadgetscott
Supporting Member

Mechanical engineer who has inexplicable knowledge

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 11:41:45 PM »

Demo shows that Direct Folders replaces the Explorer context menu. Not much of an advantage...
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 07:57:44 AM »

Demo shows that Direct Folders replaces the Explorer context menu. Not much of an advantage...

I think you may have misinterpreted the demo (which I am sure the developer would like to know). It doesn't replace the context menu. Your context menu is unaltered by Direct Folders. What it provides, at its core, is a way to get to your most used directories quickly. There are plenty of other benefits as well. I would suggest, especially since it is free for home use, that you try it yourself.

paulobrabo
Supporting Member

The Brazilian Bomber

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »

So neat, thank you for the heads up.

I confirm: no context menu replacing. What you see in the screenshot is Direct Folders' own favorites/recent menu, which appears when you *double-click* on a blank area of an open/save dialog box. It makes for a smooth navigation experience.

English will never be my first language, it doesn't meter how hard I try.
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »

I am unable to access their page. What exactly does this program do for you?

Strength in Knowledge
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »

I think Direct Folders is the best of the bunch, as I discussed in the thread I started last week.  Very cool to see it getting updated and also made free.  I love the double-clicking in the blank area feature...it is by far the most unique and useful distinguishing feature among all of these dialog resizer software.

masu

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

can someone please post a screenshot of direct folder?
thanks

Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:51:01 PM »

can someone please post a screenshot of direct folder?
thanks

Info, screenshots and demo
masu

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 04:29:33 AM »

okay thanks  Thmbsup

Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7
sauzee
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:28:41 AM »

cool, thanks for the heads up
surftwo
Participant

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »

Here's one it's my menu and the Config dialog . by the way it doesn't replace the right shortcut menu.  It adds a left click menu that you can customize with links to folder's and programs or files.  It also contains a history list. Great free program.
My MenuConfig Dialog

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:05:34 AM by surftwo » Logged
edbro
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 08:22:04 AM »

Does anybody know how to get it to use the default file manager? I have Directory Opus and I use that for everything. But, if I select a folder from the tray icon, Direct Folders will always open in Explorer.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 08:56:25 AM »

Thanks for the notification, tinjaw. I missed this one at the time. I haven't used Direct Folders in a long time, but will take a look at it again.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
ak_
Supporting Member

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:05 AM »

It's really too bad that you can't replace double-clicking by middle-clicking, because i use an ahk script to go to parent folder when double-clicking empty area. I was very surprised when i saw that i couldn't change this.

iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 04:21:07 AM »

I have direct folders and keep forgetting that I have it - i.e. i dont use it for jumping to folders - of course i have so many different tools that provide that kind of service (I have the stardock tool, the wirekeys plugin -very discrete - and I also have powerdesk pro).

I do like the automatic resize and remember what view and where - that is handy 
The pro version also remembers what file you were on, this is also useful for programs that only allow one file at a time to be picked, or things like file upload via browser etc.

Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »

ak_, how do you setup AHK to react to clicks in empty explorer areas?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »

ak_, how do you setup AHK to react to clicks in empty explorer areas?

you can view the source here: IDEA: go to parent folder with double-click.

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 10:59:31 AM »

I wish this works in XPlorer2.

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »

Does anybody know how to get it to use the default file manager? I have Directory Opus and I use that for everything. But, if I select a folder from the tray icon, Direct Folders will always open in Explorer.

I have set Directory Opus to replace windows explorer. When I select any folder from Direct Folders, I jump to it in a new tab in Directory Opus. So it does work.

Additionally I have also set such that double clicking in empty area of a lister brings up Direct Folders menu.

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 03:04:21 AM »

I have set Directory Opus to replace windows explorer. When I select any folder from Direct Folders, I jump to it in a new tab in Directory Opus. So it does work.

from their blog:

Direct Folders 3.6
May 4th, 2009

* Added: Support for Total Commander 7.5 beta.
    * Added: Support for DirectoryOpus.
    * Added: Few display options.
    * Changed: Separate settings for double click and middle button click.
thumbs up
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:06:59 AM by Curt » Logged
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 03:08:55 AM »

A correction to my above post: Clicking on a folder in Direct Folder's menu doesn't switch to it in Directory Opus in a new tab. The existing tab gets used.

The support for Directory Opus that's quoted in the above post is specifically this: When mouse middle button is double clicked in empty space of a lister, Direct Folder's menu appears.

Double clicking in empty space of the lister DOES NOT bring up this menu. However, this can be achieved using AutoHotKey.

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 03:22:13 AM »

Just mailed Jeff (the author of DF) the following:

Hi Jeff,

I use Directory Opus as my file explorer in windows explorer replacement mode.

I am able to mouse button middle click in empty space of a lister to bring up Direct Folder's menu but not when I double click.

Is it possible to add this feature?

Thanks,
Sridhar.

DesertEagle
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 08:02:20 PM »

I'm afraid it's not possible, can't intercept left button double click.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.054s | Server load: 0.18 ]