ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

USBDeview - Guaranteed eject of your USB drive

(1/5) > >>

icekin:
USBDeview is a tiny program from the fine coders at Nirsoft that displays all the devices that are currently connected on your USB ports. What I like about it is the flawless eject operation. No more seeing this window :

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Here is the main window of the program which can be run in the background while showing the USB icon in the tray. Pressing F9 disconnects the USB device every time I've tried.
[attachthumb=#2][/attachthumb]

I wonder if its possible to write a FARR plugin that can automatically call up USBDeview in the background to eject a USB drive. For example, I bring up FARR and type "eject <USB Device>" to automatically disconnect the device. In fact, I don't mind even if USBdeview is not involved as long as I can eject the device without seeing thr first window above.

taichimaster:
I would like such a FARR plugin or alias as well!  :up:

TucknDar:
Another great idea for a FARR plugin! :Thmbsup:

mitzevo:
Nirsoft, Sysinternals, and a few others.. gotta love these tools ;) Power users must know about these tools!

TucknDar:
Only problem with Nirsoft is that I couldn't find a way to donate :-\ Even sent a mail about it, but didn't get a reply, so maybe it's the ultimate in giveaway freeware.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version