ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Grivitation-like" paradigm would have helped in the interim

<< < (8/11) > >>

f0dder:
CodeTRUCKER: Imho mouser is a heart and a diamond for keeping this whole thing :-* in place (I love how many different people are here, and on IRC we can do those topics that fit in here at all) , and beyond that - **** calling names etc. But Gri seems to get on the nerves of a lot of people.

Can we leave it at that, and return to friendly? :)

CodeTRUCKER:
CodeTRUCKER: Imho mouser is a heart and a diamond for keeping this whole thing :-* in place (I love how many different people are here, and on IRC we can do those topics that fit in here at all) , and beyond that - **** calling names etc. But Gri seems to get on the nerves of a lot of people.
-f0dder (March 20, 2008, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Granted.  I had anticipated a response, but not anywhere near this caustic.  In my defense, I know of no other initiative that sports a collective, distributed model which is why I used "Grivitation."  Also, I've always stated that Mouser is a cut above! :Thmbsup: 

Can we leave it at that, and return to friendly? :)

--- End quote ---

Yes, if the basis of the "friendly" is on a foundation of integrity and not favortism.  How "friendly" we can stay will depend on future postings to this thread and the responses to those, but I have no intention in allowing incorrect verbiage or innuendo to stand, not because I am anything, but it is a dis-service to future readers to allow innaccuracies to go unchallenged.  Besides it was the holding in of all my feelings about inequities in some threads that provoked me to take a decisive action some time ago.  I won't hold in anything that needs to be addressed any more.  It is not healthy for me or the community.

Edit: Clarifications

f0dder:
Granted.  I had anticipated a response, but not anywhere near this caustic.  In my defense, I know of no other initiative that sports a collective, distributed model which is why I used "Grivitation."-CodeTRUCKER
--- End quote ---
And that is quite fair. Hate :P to say it, but I think that he's right at least in that the traditional forum model could do with a work-over. And some entirely new ideas. I think that Gri's ideas are both too radical and conservative, though.

As for friendly: this requires care & condieration from all parts, and delibarete "under-consideration" as well. Things get totally out of hand when we over/mis-interpret eachother, everybody here need to calm down a bit. Things are getting slightly heated, try to mediate via PMs? Just a suggestion.

mouser:
Let's stick to technical discussions for the most and leave the rest for when it's really called for -- otherwise people are going to burn out and new visitors will wonder why people are getting so worked up over stuff that doesn't seem to call for it.

There are going to be plenty of opportunities in the future for all of us to express strong opinions and get worked up and debate vigorously, etc.  Let's just save our energies for those times and get back to constructive stuff.

f0dder:
I have to agree with Mouser... I do tend to get tangled in political and other non-appropriate discussions, because those are hellishly interesting. But even though I'm a hypocrite and can't help myself engaging in somewhat-inappropriate stuff, I do agree that we should move it elsewhere.

The IRC channel seems a lot more suitable.

Anyway, I hope we can get back to a discussion on how we can distribute this forum to combat future attacks! :Thmbsup: :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version