Got a puzzler for you...
So I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S router that had been running dd-wrt (http://dd-wrt.com
) for more than 100 days without a reboot. Everything was fine, then all of the sudden, I started having trouble accessing certain websites. At this time, I know that I cannot access http://adobe.com
, and http://quantz.com
. In addition, I have come across a few other inaccessible sites in my searches for answers to this problem, though I don't remember their names. The sites are inaccessible on my desktop PC and my wife's laptop (both running XP) and my iBook. If I bypass the router and plug directly into the modem, everything works fine. Obviously, that isn't a workable solution. I have tried resetting dd-wrt back to default settings, hard rebooting to force the internal memory to clear, reflashing the version of the firmware I was running before, flashing a newer version, and even flashing a different alternative firmware (Tomato http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato
) to the router, all to no avail. The XP installation on my desktop is about 1 week old, and I have taken steps to ensure that it remains as clean as possible. I haven't messed with mtu's or any other network settings.
I have searched around in the Buffalo, dd-wrt, and Tomato forums and haven't seen any solutions.