ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mobo Mystery

<< < (2/5) > >>

tinjaw:
It is an old board. I had a PCI video card in it. I already tried it with a known good AGP video card. Problem remained.

Carol Haynes:
Could it be a damaged fan connector on the mobo forcing the BIOS to think there is a fan problem?

Lashiec:
Hmmm, it's amazing how little information Award provides on its own BIOS. Might this help? I guess that since Phoenix bought Award, this could be of some help as well.

A quick Google search seems to confirm you're not alone... :huh:

tinjaw:
Could it be a damaged fan connector on the mobo forcing the BIOS to think there is a fan problem?
-Carol Haynes (March 18, 2008, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am able to get into the bios setup if I attempt to do so before it gets to the point of auto detecting the HDDs. When I do that I can get to the health screen. The CPU and case fans are both registering and are producing expected RPMs in real time. So, I don't think that is the problem.

tinjaw:
Hmmm, it's amazing how little information Award provides on its own BIOS. Might this help? I guess that since Phoenix bought Award, this could be of some help as well.

A quick Google search seems to confirm you're not alone... :huh:
-Lashiec (March 18, 2008, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Bios Central was one of the sites I have bookmarked for just such occasions as this, but I am unable to find anything about this odd beep code on that site. It isn't even in the "proper" format according to references I have checked. Remember, I get three short beeps once and then it begins repeating four short beeps. I would expect to do three short then four short and stop or repeat the whole pattern of three short - four short - three short - four short - etc. IOW I would expect XY or XY XY XY XY but not X Y Y Y Y.

And there are a lot of hits, but nothing I can find that has the same beep code as I am getting.

So far, the only logical conclusion is that the motherboard itself has gone bad and it is reporting an undocumented diagnostic code. IOW I am SOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version