ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (49/52) > >>

Outertech Support:
It's not a Linkman feature, but Linkman 7.90 is always able to open a new tab if the user desires so, also if browser.link.open_external is set to 1 (Linkman 7.80 would open always in the current tab with open_external set to 1).

Outertech Support:
Yes I have.  I changed it to 1.  now everything opens up in the existing tab.  i don't like that very much because even when I click on links in a forum, it opens up in the same tab, which is not my preference.  but I use Linkman so much now, that I can live with that.
-superboyac (April 24, 2010, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is really not a good solution and I wonder why it works on all our systems without changing browser.link.open_newwindow, as long as browser.link.open_external is set to 1.

superboyac:
Yes I have.  I changed it to 1.  now everything opens up in the existing tab.  i don't like that very much because even when I click on links in a forum, it opens up in the same tab, which is not my preference.  but I use Linkman so much now, that I can live with that.
-superboyac (April 24, 2010, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is really not a good solution and I wonder why it works on all our systems without changing browser.link.open_newwindow, as long as browser.link.open_external is set to 1.
-Outertech Support (April 27, 2010, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know.  If you have suggestions, please let me know.  I just am looking for some way to make it work!

Outertech Support:
The only solution I can think of is that Linkman could patch Firefox to always get the desired functionality without messing up browser.link.open_newwindow. We have to do some internal testing first.

superboyac:
The only solution I can think of is that Linkman could patch Firefox to always get the desired functionality without messing up browser.link.open_newwindow. We have to do some internal testing first.
-Outertech Support (April 27, 2010, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds good.
I know I've mentioned it before, but somehow Roboform can always get the bookmark to open in an existing tab.  And it can install/remove the toolbar while firefox is still running, which is pretty neat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version