ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (33/52) > >>

superboyac:
launch count still does not import into Linkman in version 7.71.

Also, it seems as though I'm the only one having the problem with the Esc key not clearing the display list?  I just installed linkman on my brand new computer and it's doing the same thing.  Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly.  Let me try again.

Open the search window
Type something in the query...the display list should shorten as each letter is typed
Now, press Esc
the query box is cleared.  Yes, that is true.  But the display list still shows the shortened list from whatever query you had before pressing Esc.

The display list should immediately show the full list as soon as Esc is pressed.  So when Esc is pressed, the query box should be cleared (this works) AND the display should be expanded to full (this doesn't work).  I'm having this behavior on every computer I've tried.

J-Mac:
launch count still does not import into Linkman in version 7.71.

Also, it seems as though I'm the only one having the problem with the Esc key not clearing the display list?  I just installed linkman on my brand new computer and it's doing the same thing.  Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly.  Let me try again.

Open the search window
Type something in the query...the display list should shorten as each letter is typed
Now, press Esc
the query box is cleared.  Yes, that is true.  But the display list still shows the shortened list from whatever query you had before pressing Esc.

The display list should immediately show the full list as soon as Esc is pressed.  So when Esc is pressed, the query box should be cleared (this works) AND the display should be expanded to full (this doesn't work).  I'm having this behavior on every computer I've tried.
-superboyac (January 26, 2009, 01:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well that is not how you described your problem before. List-shortening and full list showing/not showing?

When I search using the "Search in Linkman" context menu item in Firefox 3, typing the search term brings a list of results (or not, if none exist). Then pressing Exc once clears the query box - ddoesn’tdo anything to the results list. Pressing Esc a second time makes the search dialog disappear.  That's it.

Why should the "...display list should immediately show the full list as soon as Esc is pressed"? Is this a feature listed somewhere? Or is this how your other bookmark application worked?

It doesn’t seem like you will be even a little bit happy with Linkman unless it becomes an exact clone of what you were previously using. True?

Jim

superboyac:
Why should the "...display list should immediately show the full list as soon as Esc is pressed"? Is this a feature listed somewhere? Or is this how your other bookmark application worked?

It doesn’t seem like you will be even a little bit happy with Linkman unless it becomes an exact clone of what you were previously using. True?
-J-Mac (January 26, 2009, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
J-Mac, you totally misinterpreted my tone.  I'm not trying to bash the program.  If I didn't think it was a great program, I wouldn't spend all this effort coming up with suggestions.  I hope Outertech doesn't interpret my comments as such.

More so than Linkman becoming a clone of Powermarks, my comment addresses the proper (or what I think is proper) behavior of any search-as-you-type feature.  In this case, as each character is typed in the search box, the results list gets filtered accordingly.  So, when you press Esc, in essence, that is something that you type, so the list should also respond to that by showing the full list.  This is the way most search-as-you-type boxes behave, and I think it makes sense intuitively.

Outertech Support:
launch count still does not import into Linkman in version 7.71.-superboyac (January 26, 2009, 01:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It does on my system. Please send me your Powermarks database.

As to the other problem. You have described it differently before, I'll check it out.

superboyac:
launch count still does not import into Linkman in version 7.71.-superboyac (January 26, 2009, 01:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It does on my system. Please send me your Powermarks database.

As to the other problem. You have described it differently before, I'll check it out.

-Outertech Support (January 26, 2009, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
My bad, it's working, sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version