ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (28/52) > >>

J-Mac:
The only thing I can think to add to these is the ability to control how many context menu items are added to Internet Explorer. I think it is currently four!

If you think that they are all needed, then add a submenu to the IE context menu and have them fly out from there.

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (December 30, 2008, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think most users would be against a submenu, because it would slow down the operations.

-Outertech Support (December 31, 2008, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well then can you provide a way for we users who don’t fear that it "...would slow down the operations"  to remove at least three of the context menu items? Please?!? Currently if I leave all context menu items from all apps as is, my context menu is off the page top and bottom. Too many developers seem to think that their applications are the most important thing on the users' computers and add way too many context menu items!  (And please understand: I do not mean that Linkman is not important - it is very important to me! But there are other ways to access these commands. In IE I use the Linkman Toolbar!)

As an example, I uninstalled all my HP and Canon printer software because of this - between the two of them there were 13 additional items on the right-click menu. IMO, that's crazy.

Let's face it - four is too many for most users, especially when the Linkman toolbar is available and as handy as it is. If these were relative items, like Scrapbook and others who have the context menu items only appear when they are needed, that would be different. But these "four horsemen of the Linkman" are always present.  :P  BTW, in Firefox I use an old extension that I modified to work with FF3 called Menu Editor that lets me configure my context menu however I choose. I removed all but the "Search in Linkman" items, but only because all the other items are already in the status bar icon - which I use quite a bit.

Anyway, that's my take on it.  :)

Thanks!

Jim

Outertech Support:
I've added an item to the todo list that will let users of the Linkman IE Toolbar disable the context menu items.

J-Mac:
I've added an item to the todo list that will let users of the Linkman IE Toolbar disable the context menu items.
-Outertech Support (December 31, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! That is very much appreciated.

Jim

Outertech Support:
Feature requests:
--Allow secondary column sorting.  For example, if I want to sort by launch count, but the launch count is equal, then the secondary sort can be set to rating or description, etc.
-superboyac (December 30, 2008, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can accomplish this already with a trick.

Example for primary sorting by comment and secondary sorting by launch date:

1. Go to Tools | Sort
2. Turn on Autosort and select up to 2 sorting methods (Sort Order 1 will equal to the second and Sort Order 2 to the third sort order in the query)
    For this example this means you should set launch date as Sort Order 1 and leave Sort Order 2 at none.
3. Perform a query search and sort by comment (click once on the comment column header)

The result will be a display sorted by comment and if comment is equal, by launch date.

p.s.

Another Tip: you can change the order of the query columns by drag & dropping them.

superboyac:
Thanks for the sortiing tip, very helpful.  I'm close to committing to Linkman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version