ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (27/52) > >>

superboyac:
Feature requests:
--Add all 4 buttons to Firefox.  (Search in Linkman, Show Linkman, add to linkman, add to linkman and edit)

--Allow users to control which buttons appear or not.

--Import launch count from Powermarks.

--Allow secondary column sorting.  For example, if I want to sort by launch count, but the launch count is equal, then the secondary sort can be set to rating or description, etc.

--Allow batch assigning ratings.  If I select a bunch of bookmarks and want them all rated "2" then I should be able to do it.  Now, if I select them all and go to assign a rating, it only does one of them.

J-Mac:
Feature requests:
--Add all 4 buttons to Firefox.  (Search in Linkman, Show Linkman, add to linkman, add to linkman and edit)

--Allow secondary column sorting.  For example, if I want to sort by launch count, but the launch count is equal, then the secondary sort can be set to rating or description, etc.

--Allow batch assigning ratings.  If I select a bunch of bookmarks and want them all rated "2" then I should be able to do it.  Now, if I select them all and go to assign a rating, it only does one of them.
-superboyac (December 30, 2008, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only thing I can think to add to these is the ability to control how many context menu items are added to Internet Explorer. I think it is currently four!

If you think that they are all needed, then add a submenu to the IE context menu and have them fly out from there.

Thanks!

Jim

cyberdiva:
Feature requests:
--- End quote ---
Since right-clicking on the Linkman Fox icon gives you all four possibilities, why would you want separate buttons?  Wouldn't that just add clutter? 

Outertech Support:
Feature requests:

--- End quote ---

batch assigning of ratings not working is a bug (it works in the treeview! does not in the query results) and will be fixed in 7.7.0.6.

the same goes for the launch count import from powermarks.

as to the buttons, I think they are in the todo list.

p.s.

you can assign hotkeys to all 4 of these functions.

The only thing I can think to add to these is the ability to control how many context menu items are added to Internet Explorer. I think it is currently four!

If you think that they are all needed, then add a submenu to the IE context menu and have them fly out from there.

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (December 30, 2008, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think most users would be against a submenu, because it would slow down the operations.

superboyac:
Here are my thoughts on the latest version 7.70 (all related to Firefox integration):

First of all, in the "search in linkman" right-click, you can now use the up/down arrow to move from the query box into the results pane.  That is just fantastic.  Really, that's a big deal.  Thank you for that.  That makes the program just about perfect.  In fact, as far as that search box goes, it's everything I want it to be.  Also, the escape key works great in clearing/exiting.  These quick shortcuts mean everything to the Powermarks users.  In fact, in some ways, it's better.

Now, I am still looking for two more buttons to be added in Firefox.  You have the silently add button already, but we two more buttons for "search in linkman" and "add and edit".  Actually, in the right-click, you have 4 functions there.  It would be ideal if we could have all 4 functions available as buttons.
Since right-clicking on the Linkman Fox icon gives you all four possibilities, why would you want separate buttons?  Wouldn't that just add clutter? 
-cyberdiva (December 31, 2008, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, it would be better.  Of course, there should be the option of which buttons you want to show.  So everyone's happy.  In my case (and many others I'm guessing) when we're clicking around with the mouse, it's just easier to click a button, then click a bookmark and go.

This program is shaping up very nicely.  It's a replacement for Powermarks already in my book.  In fact, ever since trying out the latest version, I'm convinced that Outertech will further improve the program and help us forget about Powermarks.  So, I'm now going to FINALLY install Firefox 3 at home, since I now have a good bookmark manager to use with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version