ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (23/52) > >>

cranioscopical:
Note that it doesn’t look like yours at all, cranial. Weird. Of course this is on an XP Pro machine.
-J-Mac (December 19, 2008, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine's XP Pro also. 
Probably not so weird; the only difference is that FF isn't installed to the default folder on my box.

Outertech Support:
FWIW updating Linkman Pro to the latest version, yesterday, called IE which I use very seldom indeed.
On my  machine the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command yields:
Name: (default)
Data: "E:\Winsupps\Firefox\firefox.exe" -requestPending -osint -url "%1"

I'm not stating this as a complaint but it did cause a moment of very mild disapproval.-cranioscopical
--- End quote ---

On which event was IE launched? Have you selected a special menu entry? Was it during installation, or when you started Linkman?

Mine's XP Pro also. 
Probably not so weird; the only difference is that FF isn't installed to the default folder on my box.
-cranioscopical
--- End quote ---

A non default folder should be no problem, since Linkman parses all browser registry data values for the correct location. You can check if the path is correct by going to Tools | Settings | Browser.

p.s.

The default browser check is done only if Linkman detects a new installation. It does not happen if you had Linkman installed before.

J-Mac:
Hey Outertech guy,

A question for you:  Why is there no export template for Firefox 3? For that matter, there is no direct way to export my Linkman bookmarks/favorites to Firefox 3 at all. One must export in the Firefox 2 format and then import/convert those to get them into Firefox 3. It's not like Firefox 3 is that new, after all. You designed all your new Firefox features - which by the way are great - to work with Firefox 3, so why no export capabilities for Firefox 3? Is the Firefox 3 bookmarks format difficult to accommodate? Or just something that you haven't gotten around to doing yet?

Thank you.

Jim

Outertech Support:
During implementation we have discovered that Firefox 3 does not allow write access to its database while Firefox is running (so the user would have to quit FF3 in order to export from Linkman).

We have postponed the implementation until we can find a solution for this problem.

Dormouse:
Cranioscopical's occurrence seems the same as mine: calling ie when trying to update from Linkman. At least it suggest that the issue was not for my system alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version