ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MiniReview of Linkman URL Organizer and Search Tool

<< < (9/52) > >>

Cloq:
Very nice minireview (if you can call it that!), KenR.

I still have one question about the product, will it auto sync my IE/firefox bookmarks? Meaning, if I add/delete a favorite/bookmark, will linkman auto detect that a new bookmark was added/deleted and adjust accordingly.

KenR:
Very nice minireview (if you can call it that!), KenR.

I still have one question about the product, will it auto sync my IE/firefox bookmarks? Meaning, if I add/delete a favorite/bookmark, will linkman auto detect that a new bookmark was added/deleted and adjust accordingly.

-Cloq (April 26, 2008, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Cloq. Thank you for the kind words about my review. When I was done with the review, it seemed amazingly brief for all the time and effort I put into it.

In response to your question, I don't think it will do the autosyncing in the way you want it, but I might be wrong about that as there is a similar feature in the Template section of the Data tab of the options menu which can be set to automatically save in another format when you save the database you are working on.

I think that features such as this could be nice additions. I also use Website Watcher and dearly wish Linkman could just use the same database or make these changes automatically, but equating these is currently requires several steps. Perhaps a macro feature to automate some of these things would be the best compromise.

@J-Mac: My reading of the messages suggested your questions had been answered. Please post a forum message or send me a message if that is not the case.

Ken

Outertech Support:
I still have one question about the product, will it auto sync my IE/firefox bookmarks? Meaning, if I add/delete a favorite/bookmark, will linkman auto detect that a new bookmark was added/deleted and adjust accordingly.-Cloq (April 26, 2008, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can synchronize only on program start or manually. Linkman can load 2 databases, so you can add startup actions to load several files after each other and copy new links to your main database.

The whole point of Linkman is to use the same lmd database with all browsers.

Cloq:
KenR: I like your macro feature idea. Flexibility is always a good thing.

Outertech: Thank you for the clarification and I will try your suggestion.

Outertech Support:
A new Linkman has been released.

Version 7.30 offers several user-requested features, in particular:

* Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3 support
* Installer option to install Linkman on a removable drive (e.g. USB stick)
* Firefox import/export preserves RSS feed and Icon information
* URL Validation can retrieve custom metatags
* Resizable URL Edit area in the main window
* File locations of Export Templates, Daily and Fast Links can be changed in the GUI
* "Move to" dialog (Main menu, Shortcut menu, URL properties dialog)
* Several smaller improvements and bug fixes
Go to Linkman product page or download right away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version