topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: The quiet disappearance of the top two mp3 cataloging software.  (Read 35571 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The quiet disappearance of the top two mp3 cataloging software.
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 02:40 PM »
I am browsing from the US.  As as for the US Dollar's plight, what Darwin said!   :)

Jim

Collectorz

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 05:07 AM »
Quote: In MP3 Collector's case, it's still around, but hasn't really been updated in ages (besides very minor things) and, at least to me, it seems to be on its way out also.  As it stands, I think it is by far the least popular of the Collectorz.com suite anyway, which doesn't help motivate the authors to work on it vs their other programs. End Quote.

Hi all, Sytske here from Collectorz.com. I admit that MP3 Collector hasn't been updated in ages but it's absolutely not on its way out as suggested in this topic. On the contrary: we are planning a huge update for MP3 Collector this fall. We're now working on updates for Comic Collector, then Book Collector and next is MP3 Collector. Big plans for it which will make it an awesome app once again.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 05:45 AM »
Quote: In MP3 Collector's case, it's still around, but hasn't really been updated in ages (besides very minor things) and, at least to me, it seems to be on its way out also.  As it stands, I think it is by far the least popular of the Collectorz.com suite anyway, which doesn't help motivate the authors to work on it vs their other programs. End Quote.

Hi all, Sytske here from Collectorz.com. I admit that MP3 Collector hasn't been updated in ages but it's absolutely not on its way out as suggested in this topic. On the contrary: we are planning a huge update for MP3 Collector this fall. We're now working on updates for Comic Collector, then Book Collector and next is MP3 Collector. Big plans for it which will make it an awesome app once again.

Hi and welcome back. Can you confirm/deny what was hinted at earlier in the thread that Music and MP3 Collectorz are going to be combined? If so what will the upgrade policy be for lifetime upgrade users of Music collectorz only?

Collectorz

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 06:39 AM »
Can you confirm/deny what was hinted at earlier in the thread that Music and MP3 Collectorz are going to be combined? If so what will the upgrade policy be for lifetime upgrade users of Music collectorz only?
Since we're still working on the project plan/upgrade of MP3 Collector to version 3.0 I can't say anything about it, sorry. The upgrade policy for MP3 Collector will be the same as for our other programs.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 07:05 AM »
So there will be an upgraded MP3 Collector but also a new Music Collector v9 with integrated MP3 Collector? :huh:

Collectorz

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 07:18 AM »
So there will be an upgraded MP3 Collector but also a new Music Collector v9 with integrated MP3 Collector?
We're still toying with a couple of ideas. We could do MP3 Collector 3 or integrate MP3 with Music Collector and call it version 9. Or do both and create the ultimate audio and digital music tool version 1. Then you, The Customer, can decide which product is the best solution for your music collection.
We seriously don't know yet, we're still in the process of throwing thoughts and suggestions at each other, based on input we receive from existing MP3 Collector users and our own experience. Will keep you posted on progress if I have something new to report.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 07:27 AM »
OK, from Alwins comments in the forums it seemed like the decision was already made, but I guess not :)

Doesn't matter too much for me, TBH. I prefer Music Collector, but guess incorporated MP3 collection would be a nice feature. Probably wouldn't buy a separate MP3 collector, though.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 12:26 PM »
Hi Sytske.  Thanks for the information.

Very much appreciated!

Jim

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Ah, missed the collectorz is Sytske!

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Ah, missed the collectorz is Sytske!

Wake up, Mike!!   ;)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Eh, what was that?

Please don't wake me, No, don't shake me, Leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping...

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I admit that MP3 Collector hasn't been updated in ages but it's absolutely not on its way out as suggested in this topic. On the contrary: we are planning a huge update for MP3 Collector this fall ...  Big plans for it which will make it an awesome app once again.
We're still toying with a couple of ideas. We could do MP3 Collector 3 or integrate MP3 with Music Collector and call it version 9. Or do both and create the ultimate audio and digital music tool version 1.

Will keep you posted on progress if I have something new to report.

Seems as if there hasn't been any progress; yet anyway. MP3 Collector is still at Jan 2007 version and the new combined MP3/Music Collector is still coming.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Surely you're not surprised....

Jim

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 05:06 AM »
Well no, but I thought it worth noting.

I don't have any collectorz progs myself, so I've just been an observer. Decided I needed to be more organised with my mp3s & starting with the J River jukebox. Don't need sophisticated functions; auto-processing is good. About the same length of time since an update as mp3collector at time of 1st post though; all the effort is going into paid for Media Center. But then, what updating is needed until W7 is popular?

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 11:31 AM »
I don't have any collectorz progs myself, so I've just been an observer. Decided I needed to be more organised with my mp3s & starting with the J River jukebox.

Like you, I don't have any Collectorz programs as well & judging from the twit they have running their company making the business decisions I count my lucky stars I never hitched my wagon to that star.

Also like you I have decided I needed to get more organized with my mp3s and such as well. It's been a long journey & I thought about starting a thread documenting my adventures, but it's turning out to be way too long to effectively post in a forum and expect people to read it.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Also like you I have decided I needed to get more organized with my mp3s and such as well. It's been a long journey & I thought about starting a thread documenting my adventures, but it's turning out to be way too long to effectively post in a forum and expect people to read it.
I would read it.  i find stuff like that very interesting.  But then again...I am a supergeek.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 07:37 AM »
I would read it.  i find stuff like that very interesting.  But then again...I am a supergeek.

Yes - me too!

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2009, 10:06 AM »
All right, you two...I'll work on writing something up. It'll be a while, though as I stopped after two sentences thinking to myself, "This is going to be way too long!".

And maybe, just maybe...by the time I've written it all up my journey will be over because as I write this I'm still searching for some answers to a couple questions. It's going to be more OpEd rather than HowTo, but I'm going to be covering my decision process step by step so people will at least get some information to make their own decisions.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2009, 10:09 AM »
All right, you two...I'll work on writing something up. It'll be a while, though as I stopped after two sentences thinking to myself, "This is going to be way too long!".

And maybe, just maybe...by the time I've written it all up my journey will be over because as I write this I'm still searching for some answers to a couple questions. It's going to be more OpEd rather than HowTo, but I'm going to be covering my decision process step by step so people will at least get some information to make their own decisions.
You know, I wrote something about this exact thing some time ago.  I just don't remember where it is.  I've always been curious about how people organize their classical music with both folder/file names, and id3 tags.  I've come across a couple of good methods on the web, but nothing that I've wanted to commit to.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2009, 08:59 PM »
I've always been curious about how people organize their classical music with both folder/file names, and id3 tags.  I've come across a couple of good methods on the web, but nothing that I've wanted to commit to.

I'm afraid after you're done reading my drivel you'll still be curious about how people organize their classical music as I don't have much of that kind of music, but I can see how it could quickly become an ordeal trying to organize what with conductors, orchestras, composers, venues, etc.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Update: Everything regarding digital music has changed as compared to just a few years ago. There are a lot more choices today, but that doesn't make it necessarily better. Every program has their own way of doing things and what is regarded to be the standard when it comes to tagging musical files really isn't much of a standard.

As I research all this it seems more and more I'm trapped in a documentary about Rube Goldberg.