ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The quiet disappearance of the top two mp3 cataloging software.

<< < (4/10) > >>

superboyac:
Hmm...haven't tried catraxx before.  But it certainly looks very interesting, and I have to say that from the website alone, I'm curious enough to seriously try it out.  Nice find!

sauzee:
Though you have a distaste for AIO tools, have you looked at J River Media Center?
If it does not have a field you want, you can add it.
As for searching, I can't think of a way to search that it will not do.
And it is fast, with my 6K files anyway.
Version 12 is much better than previous efforts in nearly all areas, but especially in the library functions.
http://tinyurl.com/32lhmu

The free, audio only version may suit your needs too but I have not run it as I have a license for the full version which does audio, video, and images.
http://tinyurl.com/2v32ru

Edit: Spelling...
-GHammer (March 26, 2008, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here's another recommendation  for J River Media Center. It's a fabulous catologing app. Best in class. I tried collectorz.com equivalent but found J River to be much more powerful.

mouser:
KenR made a post praising J.River a while ago here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7962.0

TucknDar:
Sorry to revive this thing, but thought I'd mention that Collectorz.com app Music Collector will (most likely) eventually incorporate MP3 Collector! Stumbled upon the following in the Collectorz.com Music Collector forum:
SUGGESTION
If it is not being supported then incorporate it in Music Collector.-lekermitage
--- End quote ---

Well, I wasn't planning on revealing this yet, but that is exactly what we are planning to do :-)

Don't hold your breath though, we will probably only be able to start on this near the end of the year. Then it will of course take a few months do do the integration....-Alwin Hoogerdijk
--- End quote ---
Note that Alwin Hoogerdijk is the president of Collectorz.com.

Should probably add the following quote as well:
This will be the major upgrade to version 9.0 and probably not free.

I don't recommend waiting for its release, as we have no ETA yet whatsoever.-Alwin Hoogerdijk
--- End quote ---
So that means that if you purchased Music Collector before November 2006 IIRC you'll be entitled to a free upgrade to MuC 9.

But again: I'm guessing this thing won't see the light of day for another 6-12 months, just thought I'd let you know

Darwin:
So that means that if you purchased Music Collector before November 2006 IIRC you'll be entitled to a free upgrade to MuC 9.
-TucknDar (August 13, 2008, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope you're right on that, tuckndar. However, when I read the same post last week, I couldn't help but wonder if they're going to charge an upgrade fee to anyone who doesn't currently own a lifetime licence for both mp3 Collector and Music Collector...

[Edit ... corrected mismatched quote tags]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version