ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MailStore Home 2.5.1 released with lots of improvements

<< < (3/9) > >>

Target:
got me there - serves me right for doing too many things at once!!

it isn't actually about the settings, it's a case of needing multiuser access to what would be a single account, ie everyone has access to the same account/store/box/whatever. 

this way our mailbox can be archived centrally (ie outside of PST files), and used and managed by a small group of individuals (any or all of which may be using the archive at any given time)

I had the bit about 'users can access there own stores...' going round in my head, i hadn't actually gotten round to thinking about whether or not multiple users could be assigned to a single account or not (I assume this is what you were getting at???)

thanks for the link to the docs, I shall have a read...

target

Carol Haynes:
New update to this tool ...

The current version is 2.6 but they have just released MailStore Home Plus with an interesting marketing model.

You can either donate $60 to WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) or promote the product on your website.

It adds quite a few useful features to MailStore Home and can be installed on top of MailStore Home, retaining your settings and database.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but one thing that is useful is that you can add 6 import profiles with the Plus version (instead of 3) and it unlocks various other features such as scheduled backups etc. I will fiddle with my website tomorrow and send them an email.

See http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home-plus.aspx for details of the new version.

allen:
Downloading now... this looks like an incredible solution for my desire to have a local backup of my gmail and my inability to settle once  and for all on an e-mail client.

tomos:
You can either donate $60 to WWF
-Carol Haynes (July 16, 2008, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

$60 would be a bit steep if you were paying directly for it - it's unfortunately still a bit steep even if it's going to charity :(
at least there's still the free version :)

tomos:
The current version is 2.6 but they have just released MailStore Home Plus with an interesting marketing model.

You can either donate $60 to WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) or promote the product on your website.

It adds quite a few useful features to MailStore Home and can be installed on top of MailStore Home, retaining your settings and database.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but one thing that is useful is that you can add 6 import profiles with the Plus version (instead of 3) and it unlocks various other features such as scheduled backups etc. I will fiddle with my website tomorrow and send them an email.

See http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home-plus.aspx for details of the new version.
-Carol Haynes (July 16, 2008, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

unfortunately the "Home-Plus" version is no more

Version 3 out now (probably worthy of new thread?)
It's either the free version or the server version for
-
MailStore Server incl. 10 user licenses      279.00 €$ 349.00       Buy now
Inclusive Update and Support Service for one year    362.70 €$ 453.70    Buy now-
pity there's nothing inbetween

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version