ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MailStore Home 2.5.1 released with lots of improvements

<< < (6/9) > >>

tomos:
Ah, thanks Carol! I assumed that it was no longer possible to get the Home Plus version this way. I'm definitely going to check this out  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (November 18, 2008, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dont think that offer is there anymore
the link above gets a 404 and cant find anything about a plus version on their site

Carol Haynes:
It has never been clear what is going on with MailStore Plus since they started it. There was never an easy link to the information and you always had to email support to get a license.

They are obviously still producing Home Plus (which is presumably the basis for Home Office but again that is not at all clear) as I have Home Plus 3.

Their website really needs a huge overhall to give it any coherence or actually make it informative, and their charging policies need someone to sort them out (prefereably someone who can understand that 5 copies of the Home version should be cheaper than a 10 license Server edition).

I did ask them about the pricing when I requested info about Home Plus 3 but got no response whatsoever.

Dormouse:
I would find it hard to trust a vendor with an incoherent (and very expensive!) pricing strategy with info I really want to be secure for the long-term.

Carol Haynes:
I have to say the information is pretty secure for the long term. At any point your data can be exported in numerous ways and backed up in different ways. There is no sense in which you are locked into a proprietary format.

I can understand the pricing strategy for the Server version - they are offering a business a central shared repository for business related emails. You can specify exactly what you want archived away, and the great thing is the archive is much quicker and easier to search than Outlook! You can even reply to emails from within MailStore and quickly access attachments etc.

The place where they seem to have lost their way is the pricing for Home Office - they seem to suggest that it is functionally equivalent to the Home version (they don't even say Home Plus) but they have put it at a higher price point than the server version and seem to have missed the point that many Home Office users will be sole traders who would like to buy a single copy.

As for their website - I think they must be a small company spreading themselves a little thin and so the website gets cobbled together quickly and isn't seen as a priority. This is a silly mistake to make if they want to build confidence in customers and even more so if they want to encourage potential customers to spend money.

If it was my business my pricing strategy would be:

MailStore Home - free but more restrictive than the current version (say only one profile and only cover Outlook Express and other common free mail clients and mail types)
MailStore Home Plus - a low price paid for version for non-commercial use (they can give the money to charity if they want or make it donationware)
MailStore Workstation - a paid for version of Plus for commercial use (available as single copies or multi-packs with discounts)
MailStore Server - full server based business package with multiseat licenses

allen:
Sensible pricing scheme. Why don't you forward that to them? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version