Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 01:03:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to get Screenshot Captor (2.37.0.3) to ALWAYS open in FULL mode?  (Read 3429 times)
jakobkraft
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »

I thought that if I just unchecked 'Start Minimized' in General Preferences then it would always open in full mode. But if I close the program while minimized, then the next time I launch it, it opens minimized - though I did leave that option UNCHECKED for a reason...

Any way to force Screenshot Captor to ALWAYS open in full, main window mode? Thanks in advance:)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:24:20 PM »

how do you launch Screenshot Captor? if by a shortcut, then go to its properties and change to "Run Maximized" (see pic).

jakobkraft
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion...didn't work though.
Winamp actually behaves similarly - if you have it minimized, and then right-click on the taskbar tab and select Close, then when you open it next time, it opens minimized. But they have a fix - just make the .ini file 'Read Only' and that's that.

I tried that with Screenshot Captor's .ini, which DID work, but also gave me an error every time as it loaded: Cannot Save, or something like that.

Oh well...I'll learn to live with it, it's a good app overall...
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »

it shows an underlying problem. whenever apps exit they save last window position in the ini file and making them read-only means this position is not saved along with other data that a programmer may have included. that's why SC gives you an error. by any chance, do you have multiple monitors or use a virtual desktop app? also need to know what OS are you running on?

jakobkraft
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 11:25:18 PM »

No virtual desktop or multiple monitors, nothing fancy at all...am running WinXP Pro.
If you can think of something else, I'll be happy to try it; otherwise it's cool. I still prefer this over SnagIt and will stick with it for some time:)
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:14 AM »

sure, i'll let you know if i find out anything.. smiley

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 06:44:02 AM »

SC normally remembers how it was last closed -- so if you close it will minimized it will remember, if you close it maximized, it will remember.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:50:32 AM »

This is the normal way of operating for most programs that minimize to tray, they open in the same state they were closed.
Now, finding a way to not have SC do this without mouser having to add (yet) another option in the options menu sounds a bit hard.

jakob: why exactly do you want SC to open maximized?

jakobkraft
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

I actually don't want to open SC MAXIMIZED every time, only want to see main window, resized, when the program opens.
But most of the time when I close SC it's minimized (I close from the system tray.) So basically I was looking for a way to make SC open showing the main window every time, regardless of whether it was minimized or not upon closing.... That's it.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 11:18:04 AM »

I see, jakob.

Mouser: how about a command line switch to solve this problem?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »

Mouser: how about a command line switch to solve this problem?

that's a good compromise since i wouldnt have to add yet another option in options dialog.
ok adding it to todo list.
jakobkraft
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »

Thanks a lot smiley
Like I said before, it's not a deal breaker, I enjoy using SC very much - but as I've begun to use it more, I just found wishing that it would open showing the main window each time, so I could get right down to business cheesy
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:09:39 PM »

jakob, your mention of Winamp made think that this was a system-wide problem until mouser's reply made me realize that this was about saving the last windows state. incidentally, i too had posted a similar request on this previously.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.05 ]