ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Gracefully close Firefox on PC exit

<< < (5/8) > >>

Curt:
Wellcome at DC, DyNama :-)

I don't think anyone is using Close2Quit, so you will just have to test it, if you dare (I see no reports of success)! Skrommel, the author, is not likely to read this thread. You may want to use apps=VuePrintWindowClass

:) You can use CloseToQuit to close a list of apps, with options to close by using the process name, the class name or a part of a window caption.

To close FireFox just use apps=firefox.exe or apps=MozillaWindowClass.

Skrommel
-skrommel (March 15, 2008, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

DyNama:
thanx, Curt! i guess i'll have to try it, because i've always wanted a program that does this. i could have gone ahead and tried it, but 4 reboots ago, my computer shut down and never came back on! it had to be reformatted before the computer booted up again  :( that's why i asked first, these days i keep my reboots to a minimum.

1 other question, a process manager program i use (ykill) says the class is WindowsVuePrintClass. it also says firefox is MozillaUIWindowClass. i know nothing about Classes, so can i use whatever it says as the name of the Class?

Curt:
What a terrible experience you have had with your computer.  :(
Personally I reboot several times a day, so I know things are in order.

I know nothing about Classes either...!!, but apps=WindowsVuePrintClass would most likely be the proper term, assuming YKill knows what it is talking about ;-)

So, I guess you are running Windows XP? YKill is very old! You may want to to try a task manager like Process Explorer from Microsoft's Windows Sysinternals: http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/sysinternals/bb896653%28en-us%29.aspx. Many consider it to be The Best freeware task manager.

DyNama:
yes, winXP on a 6-1/2 year old Dell laptop. i only use YKill to identify which of the 8 clones i've made of VuePrint i might have open. all windows taskmanager says is vueprint.exe for each. Registered VuePrint hasn't been updated since 2002, a registered disk catalog i use says "copyright 2004", a registered calendar program i use says "copyright 2003", i even still use a DOS text editor that says "copyright 1987" (it sorts text files by column)! i guess i get used to software and keep using it until i want new features. i'm an unemployed AutoCAD draftsman (20 years!) and i did always use the latest version of that program.

but i'll look at Process Explorer. i love little utilities! while here at DC i downloaded not only Close2Quit, but also windows versions of CAPshift, WasteNot, TenTimer, ListNumberer, CutAway, and Files2Folder.

DyNama:
by jove, Close2Quit worked! i think i just put "VuePrint" as part of the title of the windows in the windows version of C2Q, there were 4 open when i did a restart, and all 4 must have been closed "normally" because the .ini file of each did know where it left off. when i look at the settings of C2Q now, tho, it says "WindowsVuePrintClass".

is there any problem with having multiple copies of AutoHotKey running? i don't run AHK scripts. i put the windows version of C2Q and CAPshift in my startup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version