ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Gracefully close Firefox on PC exit

<< < (4/8) > >>

Curt:
I have not had any of the aforementioned problems since I made the swift to Vista and Firefox 3, so I don't have any use for CloseToQuit. Back then, a year ago, I was never able to make it work with both PS Tray Factory and Firefox 2. However, your situation is a little different, so Edited: I dare to recommend you to at least try CloseToQuit. It will certainly not do your setup any harm.

tomos:
There are always a couple of programs that do not respond well to the OS call to quit when restarting the computer. One that has suddenly started to give me fits is Surfulater 3:
-J-Mac (March 22, 2009, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jim - you could probably get that on 'cured' on the Surfulater forum (if you haven't already!)

J-Mac:
Curt:  I tried it and my machine simply would not reboot at all. Had to force a reboot. I didn't bother trying it again after that.

Tomos: Yep - no reply yet from Neville though. Just posted it a day or so ago.

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
Tom,

Just an update - Neville replied that he has had reports of this same problem and that upcoming changes in how Surfulater's data is stored - specifically to start using an SQL database - will eliminate the problem.

Jim

DyNama:
again restarting an old thread! but i'd like to ask a question: i have up to 8 windows of a picture viewer program open that i forget to close sometimes when i reboot. it remembers what picture it was on and the directory it was in if closed normally. they all have the program name in the window title: VuePrint - JPG File: [<name of file>]. if i just put Close | VuePrint once in Close2Quit, will it close each of them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version