ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Gracefully close Firefox on PC exit

<< < (3/8) > >>

nosh:
Yep. IfWinExist = If the Firefox window exists.
The script doesn't have anything to do with exiting Windows, X-ecutor checks for that.

Curt:
My Firefox 2.0.013 didn't respond to IfWinExist.ahk being doubleclicked.

However, I think you should forget about this little project. I am having a hard time to explain to myself why I am installing and running a program with the sole job to close another program I could easily close myself in the first place.

But thanks a lot, nosh, for trying to help me out!  :up:

X-cutor has left the building!

Curt:
Re-reading the thread, I realize that I have not told all there might be to tell, but I don't know if it makes any difference that my Firefox always is being minimized to sys-tray (Notification Area), never to the taskbar, and that my sys-tray 'is' PS Tray Factory?

I was just wondering why these scripts couldn't find Firefox's window.

nosh:
No problem, Curt. This exact problem had been affecting me too but it was something I'd not really bothered doing anything about so far. I wouldn't know for sure about tray minimizing affecting things, I suspect it may have something to do with the window being hidden. I see skrommel's script has the code
DetectHiddenWindows,On
to check for hidden windows too, maybe that's required here... no need to break your head over it though, unless you really need it.
The script didn't work for me at first coz I had the 'File' menu hidden and the menu shortcut to close Firefox [Alt+F+X] wouldn't work till I unhid it.

J-Mac:
Sorry to activate an older thread but I figured this would be the best place to ask about CloseToQuit.

There are always a couple of programs that do not respond well to the OS call to quit when restarting the computer. One that has suddenly started to give me fits is Surfulater 3: for the past several days it opens with Windows but throws up a dialog stating that it did not close properly the last time and therefore must recover the last saved copy of the DB I use. Perhaps when I restarted those times it just caught Surfulater at a time when it wasn't ready to close for some reason. I have a few apps that are always sitting in the systray and I let them close with Windows.

It doesn't appear that many folks have commented about CloseToQuit here. Is it working OK? Causing any problems otherwise for anyone? Safe to use?

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version