ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IE forgets my choice (I want smooth scrolling). How do I make it permanent?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
I don't use IE, but the help system does, and I want smooth scrolling.
IE forgets my choice; I can change it again in IE > tools > advanced, but if I reboot it's gone.
How do I make it permanent?

Thanks

lanux128:
sounds like a bug, try using TweakUI to repair the registry.

urlwolf:
Thanks lanux, and sorry, I seem to have missed your reply the first time around and reposted (!).

I've looked at tweakUI; it has a repair option at the end, but there's no 'repair registry' that I could find. It repairs icons, and fonts, but not the registry. Any idea why?

lanux128:
actually, it's my bad. the "Repair Regedit" settings in TweakUI is to be used when all columns are not showing in the Registry Editor. :-[  as for your problem, one of the reason could be some mouse-enhancement tools installed on your PC.

btw, this website notes that this feature is slightly buggy and  may need several reboots to get things right. another method is create a REG file containing the key enabling smooth scroll and load it on every start-up.

urlwolf:
Could be. Actually, I cannot even enter the mouse section in control panel. It dies with a horrible error. It also ignores most of my attempts to install drivers for a logitech MX 610 mouse. So something is deeply borked with mouse drivers.

But I don't feel like reinstalling windows just to get this back to work :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version