ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Help req automating some typing type stuff - autohotkey? skrommel?

(1/5) > >>

moerl:
I used "automation" for lack of a better term.. all I'm trying to do is something like the following: not all forums are as freaking awesome as this one, running SMF. In some, I have to type *NAME* every time, manually.. to get a proper BBCode link in there. I'd like to be able to automate that so that is inserted automatically, maybe even with the link already there so that I only have to enter the name? That would require the cursor to be between ] and [ but I don't know if that's possible.. something of the sort. I'm about to try out Autohotkey because it's on the GREAT SOFTWARE LIST and I've never heard anything bad about it. In fact, everybody's raving about it and I've never used any such program before. I suppose I'm in for a ride but I just wanted to check here if I'm making the best possible choice. What else is there?

Thanks

Carol Haynes:
I'm not sure I am understanding exactly what you want, but to enter a URL into these messages I do the following:

Usually I am copying a URL either from a shortcut or the address bar in a browser, so I use the mouse to highlight and copy it to the clipboard.

I then type the text of my message, eg.

Try looking here

To get "here" highlighted and linked, I type it, highlight it with the mouse, click on the globe above the edit window. that produces here with the URL tags around it. I then click inside the left URL tag, just to the left of ] and type =, then mouse right click and paste.

apart from the = and copy/paste clicks I can't see how it could be simplified further ???

mouser:
he's not talking about for this forum, but in general on other forums;
this might be something for coding snacks?

at least there skrommel could start you off with some basic script to do what you want in auto hotkey and you could play and customize from there.

Carol Haynes:
he's not talking about for this forum, but in general on other forums;
-mouser (October 20, 2005, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oo err ... knuckles duly rapped ... I'll crawl back in my hole and be quiet ...

moerl:
I appreciate the help :). I got AutoHotkeys yesterday but I'm utterly overwhelmed with it. I have no clue where to start :)

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version