topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Default Details view in open dialog boxes under xp?  (Read 6100 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi ( I also posted this on ahk and autoit forums but I did not get any clear solution yet)

I am in need of this kind of script. Basically the script will change dialog boxes to detailed view(or any otherview) and sort based on personal setting(date, name etc) and also will adjust the column size properly. I have tried at least 20 different software. Most of them do the job ok when you open the dialog box first. But after you click on another folder inside open-save dialog boxes those softwares fail to resize the columns which sucks because I need to resize them one by one and detailed view becomes a burden rather than a help. I searched the forum but could not see any. The most important thing is that everytime I click on a folder inside the dialog the software will adjust the size of personal column automatically. As I said all the softwares out there fails to do this.  If you write this in ahk that would be great then people cna personalize it.

I am trying to do this with ahk, but my knowledge and my time is so limited  I do nto think I can do this.

thanks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:07 PM by kartal »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Default Details view in open dialog boxes under xp?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 10:18 PM »
sounds like you need a dialog extender but you mentioned that you have already tried 20 different programs and i'm wondering if FlashFolder was one of them? this is because the latest beta: FlashFolder 1.9.175 adds a persistent view-mode for open/save dialog so that the same view will be applied the next time you open the file dialog.

viewmode1.jpg

another option is to try solution mentioned here.

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Lanux I actually have flashfolders on my laptop. The problem is not the size of the dialog at all, all the free and non free apps can resize the open save dialog no problem. The problem is they cannot autosize the "name" column in details views. Some of them can autosize the name column based on the first folder but the second I click on another folder while the dialog open and if there are longer named files in the new folder they fail to resize the name column. And unfortunately I use long file names and this is a great hassle for me :(

Beside that particular problem FlashFolders is really nice.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:44 PM by kartal »

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Noone is taking the challenge? :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 03:19 AM »
I'm keeping a list of requested features for the next CFDButton release. Feel free to PM me with any ideas. I'm not sure what I will have time for, but it never hurts to ask  :D

CFDButton thread is here
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=11165.0

Tom