ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Global hotkeys in VLC

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
I know this would be quite easy in AHK, but I was wondering if a plugin solution could be devised to allow for global hotkey control in the VideoLAN Client player. Has anyone heard of something like this or seen something like this?

lanux128:
i think something is being done about this here and here (found via Google) but the AHK way is probably faster.

Josh:
AHK is all well and good but I do not need another application running in my system tray. Believe me, AHK is fine if you have something complex, but for something as simple as global hotkeys I would prefer it be integrated into the application in question. If anyone is willing to undertake this, I would be greatly appreciative as the author has expressed that if he were to work on this feature it wouldnt be available for at most a few months.

Josh:
Would anyone be willing to undertake a plugin development for global hotkeys in vlc?

Josh:
OK, would someone be willing to generate an AHK script for me that would read the vlc config file and allow me to assign global hotkeys based on it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version